sharetrader
Page 971 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 4718719219619679689699709719729739749759811021107114711971 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,710 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

The EV's get them some nice press so probably worth it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Yep it's all about image and perception.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Acknowledge there's a lot of debate about whether to include or exclude the dividend in terms of technical analysis but given its size, if we add back in the 25 cent special dividend, what do you make of the chart Hoop ?
    I did this yesterday, and the chart looks VERY different with the latest dividend factored back in. Basically, it hit rock bottom at 2.06 shortly after my entry a few months back, and has since oscillated between there and 2.30. It creates a very different impression to the chart that most of us pore over day after day....

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yep it's all about image and perception.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
    I did this yesterday, and the chart looks VERY different with the latest dividend factored back in. Basically, it hit rock bottom at 2.06 shortly after my entry a few months back, and has since oscillated between there and 2.30. It creates a very different impression to the chart that most of us pore over day after day....
    Agree x 3. Would be nice if they got the recognition they deserve for the reasons that really make a difference, (very young fuel efficient fleet).

Yes Oldguy, add back the huge special and the chart looks quite good to me. Clearly trading above the 100 day moving average...not many shares on the NZX 50 are doing that at present, (considering we're still basically in market correction territory ~9% down from Sept).
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-11-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    ... add back the huge special and the chart looks quite good to me. Clearly trading above the 100 day moving average...not many shares on the NZX 50 are doing that at present, (considering we're still basically in market correction territory ~9% down from Sept).
    To create an accurate SP+dividends chart with MA's, trendlines etc that could be used for technical (chart) analysis, all historical dividend data for AIR should be incorporated. To plot dividend adjusted data (divi removed) and then arbitrarily add back in just the last dividend manipulates the data and creates a meaningless chart.

For example using a reference to two datasets that we do know about, if you took the NZX Capital Index for all time and added in only the dividends from all companies at their last reporting date, the resulting chart would be neither a NZX Gross, nor an NZX Capital dataset. I don't know what you would call it, except meaningless.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 22-11-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Banned

unless you were only looking at the period since their penultimate dividend payment as I was...

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Truth is Beauty & Beauty is Truth

Div Comp - Not ticked:

Div Comp - Ticked:

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

I predict 2.03 before Christmas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I predict 2.03 before Christmas.
    Must be a typo, did you mean 2.13 or maybe even 2.23.

Nah, just being silly. Just happy that it's over two.