sharetrader
Page 973 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 4738739239639699709719729739749759769779831023107314731973 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,730 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Membaa

Interesting article on Jetstar progress in the NZ regional sector, AIR's patch, reporting that not only are they taking a share of AIR's market but that the overall market is greater, put down to low cost fare options. http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8674...y-report-finds

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Interesting article on Jetstar progress in the NZ regional sector, AIR's patch, reporting that not only are they taking a share of AIR's market but that the overall market is greater, put down to low cost fare options. http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8674...y-report-finds
    They don't say they are taking a share of Air's market but rather they are expanding the market as more people are flying due to lower fares.
    Last edited by couta1; 23-11-2016 at 11:15 AM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    They don't say they have taking a share of Air's market but rather they are expanding the market as more people are flying due to lower fares.
    Reading it literally word for word, there is only the oblique reference to "rather than simply cannibalising the incumbent's passenger base".

It would be a long bow to draw to think none of those 600,000 additional Jetstar seats had not cannibalised AIR to some extent.

It's good though that the overall market has increased and good for passengers as price competition is taking effect and more flight options.

Banned

Reading it literally word for word, there is only the oblique reference to "rather than simply cannibalising the incumbent's passenger base".

It would be a long bow to draw to think none of those 600,000 additional Jetstar seats had not cannibalised AIR to some extent.

It's good though that the overall market has increased and good for passengers as price competition is taking effect and more flight options.
    Latest stats are out and domestic demand is up 10.8% and load factor up 2.4%, which would suggest to me that Jetstar are not having any impact on Air's domestic stronghold.

Interesting article on Jetstar progress in the NZ regional sector
    Propstar was set up because the Aussie domestic part of Jetstar could not sell their Q300 aircraft, so decided to extract the value from them by flying Propstar in the Shaky Isles.

The Stuff article speculates on adding additional routes. Unless good second hand Q300's are available for purchase and deployment I would be doubtfull of Propstars ability to expand the network. Further they are older aircraft comming to the end of their economic life. If they are withdrawn will Propstar buy new aircraft?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Banned

are we in a trading halt? Market depth on ASB looks weird, with buys at higher prices than sells but not cleared....

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Latest stats are out and domestic demand is up 10.8% and load factor up 2.4%, which would suggest to me that Jetstar are not having any impact on Air's domestic stronghold.

Operating stat's are out and are much as expected, sound. Note increased use of dreamliners even on shorter haul routes....they have plenty of shiny new fuel efficient planes to go around now !
    Latest fuel hedging is out too with no surprises. Looks like they consumed all their extremely favourable $30 hedges they put on in January 2016 and back to using fuel at the current fairly stable but quite low price. Business as usual. Jokestar having a minimal impact in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-11-2016 at 11:47 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

PaperTiger - revenue growth is? Month and YTD please

Seems to be your task to tell us each month .....most of us are just lazy

Looks pretty good to me those stats

Profit upgrade at 1/2 year i reckon - maybe even to $700m (plus)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow I have some good news and I have some bad news

Year on Year Cumulative Revenue Comparisons:

Short Haul:
    Jul: 99.36%
    Aug: 99.26%
    Sep: 99.18%
    Oct: 99.65%

Long Haul:
    Jul: 99.99%
    Aug: 98.62%
    Sep: 98.07%
    Oct: 97.13%

Year on Year October Month Revenue Comparison (Estimate)
    Short: 101.06%
    Long: 94.30%

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum