sharetrader
Page 977 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 4778779279679739749759769779789799809819871027107714771977 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,770 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Blackest day in Air New Zealand's history this day 37 years ago

@NZHistory: Today in History 28 Nov 1979, 257 killed in Mt Erebus disaster https://t.co/R9p1jj6Hrr https://t.co/2iSwKGgVft
    Last edited by winner69; 28-11-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yeap, in FY19 the fleet replacement programme is complete and they'll have one of the youngest fleets of any airline in the world at only 6.2 years average age. You could say shareholders are well positioned

On another subject this looks like it might be on shaky ground in more ways than one.
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/4...extension.html
    What is everyone's thoughts on the 777-200s, by 2020 they will be about 14 years old, how long before we are looking at replacing these or are they going to become the next 767 and be kept going longer than Air Force 1?

AKL-LHR-AKL I always seem to get lumbered on those rickety 777's that rattle like nothing else to and from HKG or SNG

At least generally get on decent partner planes for leg to LHR
    Last edited by winner69; 28-11-2016 at 12:00 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Baddarcy View Post
    What is everyone's thoughts on the 777-200s, by 2020 they will be about 14 years old, how long before we are looking at replacing these or are they going to become the next 767 and be kept going longer than Air Force 1?
    They've all just recently been refurbished, (or are currently in the process thereof, sorry I forget which), so I would say they'll be looking to get somewhere around 20 years out of them taking their replacement out to mid-late next decade. To far out to try and guess what they might eventually replace them with. Average age as at 30/6/16 was 10.2 years.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-11-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    AKL-LHR-AKL I always seem to get lumbered on those rickety 777's that rattle like nothing else to and from HKG or SNG

WOW 15000 posts in 15 years. That's nearly three posts a day.

Quote Originally Posted by tony64peter View Post
    WOW 15000 posts in 15 years. That's nearly three posts a day.
    Congrats on achieving that milestone Winner69.

Meanwhile on the anniversary of the blackest day in AIR's 76 year history AIR executives award themselves millions of free performance rights. I tried adding all the disclosures up but I got an extreme case of nausea part way through so will leave that "enjoyable" task to someone else...

P.S.Oh I see in a separate disclosure they've summed them up for us 5.961m free performance rights and 367K restricted share rights. Someone please hand me a large sick bag...
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-11-2016 at 02:06 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Congrats on achieving that milestone Winner69.

Meanwhile on the anniversary of the blackest day in AIR's 76 year history AIR executives award themselves millions of free performance rights. I tried adding all the disclosures up but I got an extreme case of nausea part way through so will leave that "enjoyable" task to someone else...

P.S.Oh I see in a separate disclosure they've summed them up for us 5.961m free performance rights and 367K restricted share rights. Someone please hand me a large sick bag...
    Greed in its purest form mate, I'd like to see these guys spend a few weeks working in a shearing gang to give them a bit of a reality check.

Membaa

Might need to figure out how to monitor this. Those generous 5.96m performance rights vest over three years (+6 months if needed) "... subject to the Company’s share price outperforming a comparison index made up 50:50 between the NZX All Index and the Bloomberg World Airline Index over a three year measurement period from the date of issue"

Gotta keep those execs focused on shareholder value somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Might need to figure out how to monitor this. Those generous 5.96m performance rights vest over three years (+6 months if needed) "... subject to the Company’s share price outperforming a comparison index made up 50:50 between the NZX All Index and the Bloomberg World Airline Index over a three year measurement period from the date of issue"

Gotta keep those execs focused on shareholder value somehow!
    Maybe we could ask Gordon Gekko to help ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Cant beat the double deckers (a380s) There some decent seats in the upstairs section. They give Nzers old rickerty planes, its always the European leg where the modern planes come in. Ones where the videos actually work.
    Last edited by ratkin; 28-11-2016 at 03:56 PM.