sharetrader
Page 991 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 49189194198198798898999099199299399499510011041109114911991 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,910 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I've just been up to Japan on Air NZ (787). The past couple of years I've been lucky enough to fly Premium Economy, but this year it was Economy both ways (got a sky couch row, which while I couldn't use the service the seat pitch is a little better than the normal Economy seat).
    The seat and roominess were fine. Sure PE is nice with a better selection of food and better service and more room, but from my experience I can't see the justification for spending so much more in PE (unless I'm not paying.....).
    It's only 11 hours-a lot of us sit in a far more uncomfortable chair at a desk for 8+ hours a day for years on end.............

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Best to compare like for like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    ...Surely QAN wouldn't expect people to put up with a 30 inch seat pitch on a 17 hour flight
    Of course not.

They are going to fit 236 seats into their 787-9 for London/Perth, as opposed to the 302 that AIR have on their 787-9 fleet.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Of course not.

They are going to fit 236 seats into their 787-9 for London/Perth, as opposed to the 302 that AIR have on their 787-9 fleet.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Like for Like as you say, I wonder how many of these seats are the same given the various classes comparing the size of respective business, premium economy and economy cabin areas?

How Air New Zealand have configured their Dreamliners was driven by their strategy of intrinsically streamlining business value

So 302 seats it was and soon in some cases only 275
    Last edited by winner69; 13-12-2016 at 08:57 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Of course not.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Fare enough then. Talking about different configurations I see AIR have specified their remaining three Dreamliner orders with only 275 seats. Apparently that gives them extra range to fly into heartland America.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Fare enough then. Talking about different configurations I see AIR have specified their remaining three Dreamliner orders with only 275 seats. Apparently that gives them extra range to fly into heartland America.
    Wonderful sleuthing Roger. Is the info on seating and heartland (Chicago maybe?) from anywhere official or did the hound drag it in from outside?

Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post
    Wonderful sleuthing Roger. Is the info on seating and heartland (Chicago maybe?) from anywhere official or did the hound drag it in from outside?
    https://www.airnewzealand.com/press-...ating-offering
    Last edited by brend; 13-12-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post
    Thanks mate, I was pawing my way through the latest Australian Aviation magazine and sniffed it out in there.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

exercising options and selling ordinary's must be ok now because:
    Chief Operational Integrity & Standards Officer

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    exercising options and selling ordinary's must be ok now because:
    Chief Operational Integrity & Standards Officer
    So true, anytime nowadays I see a notification of AIR's senior management relevant interest disclosure notices, I just yawn and move on....