sharetrader
Page 992 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 49289294298298898999099199299399499599610021042109214921992 ... LastLast
Results 9,911 to 9,920 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Like for Like as you say, I wonder how many of these seats are the same given the various classes comparing the size of respective business, premium economy and economy cabin areas?
    Had a look and will answer it myself. QAN has more business class and premium economy, both AIR and QAN have similar pitched seats in economy which I believe was the comparisons made with comfort in economy seating.

QAN

42 business class seats in a 1-2-1 layout
    28 premium economy seats in four rows of 2-3-2
    166 economy seats arranged 3-3-3, but with a comfy 32 inch seat pitch

AIR
    Business Premier Rows 1 to 6 (18 seats) Fully lie-flat bed
    Premium Economy Rows 23 to 25 (21 seats) 41” (104cm)
    Economy Rows 34 to 65 (263 seats) 30 - 32” (78 - 81cm)
    Economy Skycouch™ Rows 36 to 43 ABC and 36 to 41 HJK 33” (83cm)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11765940

My heart bleeds......

They have to drive an hour to the Palm.north hub. Big deal, so instead of accepting a logical business decision write a bleeding heart article with a one sided personal view point in the herarld having a crack with an expectation AIR keep the whanganui flights at a loss due to national significance.

We lost a lot of flights from Hamilton and I find myself driving to Auckland an hour down the road but AIR is a business regardless of being 51% govt owned and I have no complaints about it - supply and demand, AIR has a responsibility to share holders and regardless of being national carrier it is a competitive market place and as such business decision's get made. I wonder how many Jetstar flights the writer has taken over the last few years.......

Keep it up AIR, business is business

My heart bleeds......

They have to drive an hour to the Palm.north hub. Big deal, so instead of accepting a logical business decision write a bleeding heart article with a one sided personal view point in the herarld having a crack with an expectation AIR keep the whanganui flights at a loss due to national significance.

We lost a lot of flights from Hamilton and I find myself driving to Auckland an hour down the road but AIR is a business regardless of being 51% govt owned and I have no complaints about it - supply and demand, AIR has a responsibility to share holders and regardless of being national carrier it is a competitive market place and as such business decision's get made. I wonder how many Jetstar flights the writer has taken over the last few years.......

Came through Auckland on Monday and have never seen it this busy at international. There were not enough air bridges, not even a enough luggage carts, distressed people everywhere. They had deplaned so many onto the tarmac and using buses at this point... I saw no more logical spaces left.... Customs had a line twice as long as anything I have seen before and the line was way past the baggage claim making entering the line dysfunction. Following on from the commuting to and from the airport articles in the herald last week..one conclusion Auckland is full...where do we go from here...

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Came through Auckland on Monday and have never seen it this busy at international. There were not enough air bridges, not even a enough luggage carts, distressed people everywhere. They had deplaned so many onto the tarmac and using buses at this point... I saw no more logical spaces left.... Customs had a line twice as long as anything I have seen before and the line was way past the baggage claim making entering the line dysfunction. Following on from the commuting to and from the airport articles in the herald last week..one conclusion Auckland is full...where do we go from here...
    Ditto last Friday morning Raz. A complete joke and around 60 people from my AIR flight missed domestic and international connections as a direct result of poor service at the airport.This probably should be on the Auckland Airport thread but they are not keeping up with the large increase in tourism and it really starting to show in poor service at the airport. For tourism in NZ to flow and grow, we need serious alternative international airports such as Christchurch, Wellington and Queenstown. At present they are all a bit of a joke and not a pleasant travelers experience although Chch has been made better in the last few years. But they have a long way to go but probably can't until airlines commit to flights into it.

Dilettante

My heart bleeds......

Agree with most of this, certainly in the case of Hamilton or other cities/towns that are within a reasonably short driving distance from an alternative airport. But don't forget Michael Cullen gave AIR billions due to their national significance. It works both ways doesn't it ?

But what about those poor people on the North Shore who have to travel over an hour to get to their local airport?

Disclaimer: I do not live on the North Shore, it is too far from the airport.

Auckland needs a second airport - Hamilton will do fine
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

My heart bleeds......

My heart bleeds too. So the poor thing has to drive, (and its proper driving not the horrendous stop start driving in Auckland) for an hour to get to the airport. Big deal so do most Aucklanders. The writer chose to move to Wanganui to enjoy the quiet life and one has to expect that its not all peaches and cream. AIR is running a business not a social welfare service, welcome to the real world. Its funny how the writer is not complaining about all the super cheap flights to and from Palmerston North isn't it !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Agree with most of this, certainly in the case of Hamilton or other cities/towns that are within a reasonably short driving distance from an alternative airport. But don't forget Michael Cullen gave AIR billions due to their national significance. It works both ways doesn't it ?
    Christchurch is under utilised...yes i agree with you on the national significance aspect...AIR should consider developing a second hub. The Auckland Hub will be interesting... it was way worse than the typical mess at the larger international airport overseas on a busy day on Monday ... still a while before its redevelopment comes on tap. This does effect AIR big time so happy to continue it here...

AIR in it to make money, ie profits for divies etc

If Wanganui not profitable don't there

And shouldn't they also be trying to squeeze a few more seats into those Dreamliners?