sharetrader
Page 996 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 496896946986992993994995996997998999100010061046109614961996 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,960 of 20182

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Default Tourism now growing at 12% per annum !

Quote Originally Posted by bonmaklad View Post
    Still holding. I have a weighted av of $1.79 since a few months ago. I only look to make 30% a year.. so I am tempted to plan my out towards $2.2

Everyone still in for the long?
    More than happy to hold for the long haul. High quality companies that meet my ten key investment criteria are very thin on the ground and 1.5% on my call account does not make for a very rewarding alternative ! Still holding nicely above the 100 day MA, even for those who prefer to use unadjusted charts

Tourism growth continues at even higher level's http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/e...boom-year.html
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-12-2016 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Add link and comment on tourism growth
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I am still holding, should have bought more when it was in the 1.70s but just wasn't expecting the recovery it has had due to the on going sell off, one good thing with a sell off, the buying back when it happens in is a decent old SP boost again .

The end of this month will be the half year mark and once Nov operating stats are out I am of the opinion there is still enough profit there to be a rather good year and high side of the range given which makes the EPS very attractive.

Even when fuel kicks up again newer fleet give AIR the ability to compete on the routes they have and subsidise this competition with the national market they have pretty well stitched up.

Been tempted on occasion to sell and take some short term gain but I think the long term earnings and anticipated SP range mean theres more to make out of them yet.

Air NZ is Oscar Mike (on the move, heard someone say it on a TV show)

Guru

Just gone Elite No further travel plans to be able to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    More than happy to hold for the long haul.
    The hog sees what you did there…
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

I flew every week from either kapiti to akl or wanganui to akl for over 3 years straight.... costing me up to 600 a week

I never even made Gold....

So I stopped flying airnz two months ago when I bought the shares instead haha

I am bull for long term growth as I used to work for them (finance department). I still value it at 2.4 currently but reckon it'll hits 3s again.

But I now have 100% in airnz.... and would like to sell out and take advantage of the silver plummet.

Just trying to figure out if it's going to jump to 2.4 in the next 2 months (may do once everyone realizes its going to do an amazing net profit)

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by bonmaklad View Post
    I flew every week from either kapiti to akl or wanganui to akl for over 3 years straight.... costing me up to 600 a week

I never even made Gold....

So I stopped flying airnz two months ago when I bought the shares instead haha

I am bull for long term growth as I used to work for them (finance department). I still value it at 2.4 currently but reckon it'll hits 3s again.

But I now have 100% in airnz.... and would like to sell out and take advantage of the silver plummet.

Just trying to figure out if it's going to jump to 2.4 in the next 2 months (may do once everyone realizes its going to do an amazing net profit)
    Good comments but I think AIR's Airpoints is one of the best airline loyalty programmes in the World. Are you saying you have 100% of your NZX investments invested in AIR ?

100% Correct. Better returns then anything else, I had so bought more.

Almost sold back in 70s if it wasn't for this group lol but ended up doubling my positon

I don't doubt it's a good system. I just would have liked to get koru for free.... just one year

Consulting in wellington now, so no need to fly (unless I learn myself)

Banned

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/20/oil-p...tory-draw.html

oil down again, another 10 days to half year....well half year result with oil below $55. Expecting record half year profit

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/20/oil-p...tory-draw.html

oil down again, another 10 days to half year....well half year result with oil below $55. Expecting record half year profit
    Don't forget the $55 AIR quote is probably jet fuel cost - think PT said about $10 more than crude.

Never mind - i still reckon they'll say FY17 profit be in excess of $600m

November stats will be good - maybe out today?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”