sharetrader
Page 999 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 499899949989995996997998999100010011002100310091049109914991999 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 9,990 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Plenty of upgrading of aircraft going on, Dreamliners replacing 767's, 50 seat Q300's replacing 19 seat Beechcraft 1900's...not necessarily any more expensive to fly but make the stat's look a little worse.
    Seats are on average sold 2 months forward, (source balance sheet, AIR traditionally carries about 2 months forward bookings at any one time). Sept was a tough month in the aviation industry, oil was cheap new competitors were hotly discounting. Try getting cheap seats now ! I wasn't thrilled with November stat's but as I've mentioned more than once before new competitors discount hard to fill new routes and that sort of initial market behavior doesn't gone on forever because its unsustainable. Just settle back , select a new movie and settle in for the long haul..the flight attendant will be around to fill your bowl with another large fully imputed dividend before too long
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

From numbers on those hedging reports fuel use looks like it will be 3% higher in F17 v F16

Be interested to see CASKs in 1/2 year report
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Anyhow there's things I see more clearly
    Than those whose heads are searching in the clouds to make discoveries,
    And maybe fail to see
    What's on the ground beneath their feet, not hard to find

[http://www.metrolyrics.com/lucky-me-...ny-banks.html]

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    The message I read whilst searching with my head in the clouds was that I will be receiving approximately(Give or take a Cats whisker or two) 70k of fully imputed divvys in my bank account in 2017, gotta love them clouds aye.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Your dividend is probably safe

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    ...Why would a combined average of 95% on the best year in history be such bad news? ...
    I have run with that and the answer my friend is a NPBT of about $350M.

But, on the assumption that the current year to date percentages persist through to the end of the financial year then NPBT is about $475M.

The market got a little spooked today maybe it sees something between the two.

As the year unfolds we will see.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: Accurately predicting the future has a low success rate.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    From numbers on those hedging reports fuel use looks like it will be 3% higher in F17 v F16

Be interested to see CASKs in 1/2 year report
    Cost per available seat kilometer probably down in line with the decline in yield in my opinion. If management saw profit outside of the $400 - $600m before tax range they would have updated guidance by now. They're in the best position to see the future with full knowledge of forward bookings and what yield those bookings are at.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-12-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

It seems that with some doubt cast on NPAT vs guidance and the stalled SP, caution is warranted. That's if one cares about the SP, though some seem not to, given confidence in sustained dividends.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It seems that with some doubt cast on NPAT vs guidance and the stalled SP, caution is warranted. That's if one cares about the SP, though some seem not to, given confidence in sustained dividends.
    Interesting that my two largest holdings Air and SPK are both down 20c from my average buy in price, yet I have every confidence in both these companies to churn out long term, sustainable ,excellent divvies, market sentiment often doesn't equal actual reality.

Guru

Try and book a seat to Australia. It appears "seats to suit" has gone. Well that is my interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Try and book a seat to Australia. It appears "seats to suit" has gone. Well that is my interpretation.
    I just booked a trip to Brisbane - all the various seat, seat+bag, etc options were available as usual. What makes you think they are not?

Guru

Just took another look and those choices have reappeared. Prices have also changed significantly so must have been a glitch.

As you were.