sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sharetrader site (i.e. this one!) Misbehaving??

Has anybody got this "message" The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.
    Have not seen this before.
    Looking at some for the threads, I have read the last post that is showing and others I have not read at all.

The last 2 times I have been into the site I got this, was fine the first time I went in this morning.

Yes, I have the same.

I used to get that message only when refreshing the sharetrader page. From today I get it all the time. The site did go down for maintenance this morning when I tried to access so that may have done it.
    If it's a browser issue, I am using Safari on IPhone.

Still the same this afternoon and this is from my home PC, previously from work PC

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Angry It was not like this when I was young

You are talking about what you see when you hit the 'New Posts' button right?

It looks like a feature 'upgrade' to me with new and different functionality, and I presume is here to stay.

At least this site is not like the android apps I use which have a radical different 'User Experience ' every month.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Seems to have gone away now, or was that because I went in and did something.. something about have read all posts from the Forums Actions menu.
    Will see what happens when I next go in after this session, which is about to end more or less as soon as I hit the "Post quick reply button"

Guru

It's an enhancement not a problem.
    Last edited by 777; 10-04-2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Spelling

So it seems 777, but still shows some threads where I have read the last post, so not convinced the "enhancement" is working correctly

I'm not that fond of the new behaviour. If I haven't looked at it during my last visit, it is because it didn't interest me, so don't want to see it again.

Not too bad on the Desktop - as we can use the Forum Actions - Mark Forum's Read option at the end of each session - although this does add extra steps. Perhaps I am missing it, but I can't see this option anywhere on the mobile version of the site. Also the mobile version doesn't clearly highlight which messages have not been updated since the last visit, so you kinda have to remember when you were last there.

I strongly prefer the old behaviour.

IMO

Im going to give it fair chance before i critique.Adapt or perish is one of my mottos. Unless i missed it ,I do find it condescending re these forums changing things without consulting/explaining in advance.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    Also the mobile version doesn't clearly highlight which messages have not been updated since the last visit, so you kinda have to remember when you were last there.

I strongly prefer the old behaviour.
    Works fine on Safari/iphone and Safari/mac (which very cleverly sync websites). There was a brief time recently when all threads and forums reverted to unread, but after marking them as read, it's back to normal since then.