sharetrader
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

quote:Originally posted by miner

Shows how much you know[B)],thought you said it was going down,wrong and making $$$ ay[:0][8D].

Cheers
    Miner
    Hi Miner
    Well I can't be right all the time, I'd go broke

More good news yesterday. The punters loved it pushing the shares up again. Dont want to gloat but I told you so.

Looks like the pig cells are safe in humans. Thats a great sign that LCT are well on the way to getting approval for their products and bringing in the $$$s. This is looking like one of the better biotech companies in the market.

Disc.: got some, wish i had more.
    \"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they\'ve always worked for me.\" Hunter S. Thompson

Its been a while since anyone posted on this - stock now down signicantly on October 04 prices - yet promise is still there following April 6 announcement that pre clinical diabetic trial for safety and efficacy using DiaBCell (encapsulated living islet cells) which were transplanted into monkeys wnet off well.
    Do I or don't I buy in to this at 32 cents? Wife and daughter both type 1 diabetics and want to believe that LCT can make a difference but in things to do with money musn't let heart rule head.
    Anyone out there have an opinion?

Sunshine Heart SHC is another Aussi biotech with strong Kiwi connections.
    Picked up a couple at 45c Currently mid 30s.
    Due to start German trials in April.
    Their newsletter is worth a read.
    Best wishes Newz
    PS: another good day for SUR/SUROB and not a bad bounce for RTM/RTMCA/RTMO

I've been really surprised there hasnt been more price action since the recent announcements.

- THe first one announcing the successful completion of the ape trials. TO me that means they will be back trialling in humans in 3-6 months once they go through the approval process
    - the second about the survival of the encapsulated cells from one of their early human trials 9 years ago. Seems to work.
    - and there was also what i thought was a positive story on Bob Elliot on 60 minutes a few weeks ago.
    - Howeever, the acquisition of the Theracyte stuff a month ago threw me a bit, but it appears that if nothing else, they have strengthened their IP portfolio for very little outlay.

I get the impression that all the speculative money in Aus is in mining at the moment. Most biotechs are down this year.

I wouldnt bet the house on it yet, still a way to go before they are selling their products. But i like this story and think 32c is a bargain. Very tempted to grab a few more for the portfolio.

Disc: Hold some, thinking of more.
    \"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they\'ve always worked for me.\" Hunter S. Thompson

Interesting article on the front page of the New Zealand Herald today. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?...ectID=10338893
    I was going to buy shares in the IPO, but got cold feet at the last moment when there was a bit of a delay in the float date and I cancelled my cheque.
    I have no experience with Bio companies, but I have been interested in this company due to a few tv and newspaper stories over the last 2 years or so. High risk, but my instincts are that it has huge potential.
    Could someone with more Bio knowledge than me give some sort of time frame regarding Human clinical trials (their start)and the time taken to get to market if those trials are successful?
    Cheers Tapman

Default Impressive trial results

Anyone been watching this. Closed at 47.5 cents yesterday on large volume for LCT.
    Russian trials have one male patient having a 40 percent reduction in his insulin needs and a female patient being weened off insulin altogether after only 1 month. These results are with only a minimum first dose.
    Trials have been given the go ahead in NZ. Looks very positive and the market seems to think so too.
    Could be big.

Default Big Move

The SP is taking off. The trial successes are obviously important to the diabetic community - patients and scientists.

Red face heads up on lct

going for a run up to 0.770.14 (22.22%)at Feb 16, 2012 in the us.

Default up 36% for the day 12c next week ?

I predict this to be a stormer all good news.