Since I am not a math wizard I am having trouble coming to grips with this scenario below. Have 6000 SEK in portfolio with a holding cost of $1.90 and current SP of $5.30. This represents 20,000 in un-realized gains. As a dividend yield it is returning approx. 1700 gross per year. which is close to 15% gross. I cannot figure out what is best from a financial viewpoint. For example if I leave it as is its pretty much a growing gold plated dividend earner but a part of me is saying but if you take the profits out and spread them elsewhere it could compound faster. So if I sell 3800 I get my 20000 current profit out and this leaves me with 2200 shares which will return 630 gross a year which is a reduction from 1700 per year so a loss of 1070. To make up that loss I only need to get something like 5.35 from the 20,000. I'm pretty sure I can get several % points better so on the face of it I think I will be better off. However I don't trust my analysis or math skills to be sure. Any suggestions or formulas that can be applied to test similar situations?