sharetrader
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dean@Smartshares View Post
    Hi Banksie,

The management fee is calculated daily on the total asset value. For details of the fees, including the $30 application fee, please refer to section 5 on page 16 of our Product Disclosure Statement.
    Thanks.

Lol - buried in the pdfs, right .

Guru

Hi Banksie,

The management fee is calculated daily on the total asset value. For details of the fees, including the $30 application fee, please refer to section 5 on page 16 of our Product Disclosure Statement.
    Hi Dean,

That is all good and well and I know where to find these things. But rather than try to hide your fees I think from a PR point of view and making things easier for your clients it would be better to just have these figures available in full frontal view so to speak. It pisses me off no end with companies that try and obfuscate or hide things trying to pull one over the customers. Real estate agents are just as bad not giving an indication on price (as an example), it means I have to call and ask and is just a waste of time.

Hi blackcap,

Thanks for your feedback, we take fee disclosure seriously as a low cost provider.
    We publish the management fees for the funds, which apply to all investors, across our website on each fund page and also on the funds summary page. It is important to remember that the fund application fee of $30 is only applicable to those who apply directly to Smartshares and only for the first investment in an ETF. It does not apply to those who buy units on market or who purchase additional units in a fund they already own. This is why it is disclosed in the PDS (which investors have to read before investing directly with Smartshares). It is not an attempt to hide the fee, purely to note it only applies in certain circumstances. Nonetheless, we do appreciate your opinion on this and we'll look at how we can update our online form to make sure this is as clear as possible.
    Dean Anderson

SMARTSHARES PRODUCT MANAGER

Hi from Dean at Smartshares,

It is great to see the level of knowledge on Smartshares ETFs in this forum. We thought it might be helpful to confirm a few of the comments for you and highlight the difference between buying units on market vs investing with Smartshares directly.
    Hi Dean,

One reason that holds me (and other investors) back from investing even more into Smartshares is the lack of a Portfolio Dashboard tool which would enable all investors to quickly view the performance of their ETFs. Currently, I have no idea how well my ETFs are performing and always wonder: "What is the return on my investment? Should I increase my monthly contributions into this ETF? Am I putting money into a bottomless bucket every month (it surely feels like it at the moment)?, etc". Please don't tell me to use the LinkMarket website to gather this info because I don't have half an hour every time I need this info. I need to see the performance of my ETFs on a graph and not having to manually gather and put data into a spreadsheet or into some other external portfolio tool every month. Don't make your customers jump through hoops.
    I'd love to be able to also quickly and easily amend the monthly contributions for each of my ETFs based on my monthly cash flow. Some months I can save more than in other months. Currently, I have to send an email to LinkMarket Services which is cumbersome and slow so I just don't bother.
    I actually find it quite bizarre that Smartshares doesn't provide such tool. Please build a Portfolio Dashboard tool.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    Hi Dean,

One reason that holds me (and other investors) back from investing even more into Smartshares is the lack of a Portfolio Dashboard tool which would enable all investors to quickly view the performance of their ETFs. Currently, I have no idea how well my ETFs are performing and always wonder: "What is the return on my investment? Should I increase my monthly contributions into this ETF? Am I putting money into a bottomless bucket every month (it surely feels like it at the moment)?, etc". Please don't tell me to use the LinkMarket website to gather this info because I don't have half an hour every time I need this info. I need to see the performance of my ETFs on a graph and not having to manually gather and put data into a spreadsheet or into some other external portfolio tool every month. Don't make your customers jump through hoops.
    I'd love to be able to also quickly and easily amend the monthly contributions for each of my ETFs based on my monthly cash flow. Some months I can save more than in other months. Currently, I have to send an email to LinkMarket Services which is cumbersome and slow so I just don't bother.
    I actually find it quite bizarre that Smartshares doesn't provide such tool. Please build a Portfolio Dashboard tool.
    Pretty much what he said. Make it more user friendly!! But be transparent as well. Be the good guys. You are not going or trying for alpha so have nothing to hide either. Yes your fees are a bit high by world index standards but that can be forgiven in a smallish market like NZ. By far the best product available at this point in the NZ market.

Why would you want to pay for this service though smartshares when you can access free reporting tools very easily (for example Sharesight)?? At the end of the day smartshares is offering a low cost etf solution...

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Why would you want to pay for this service though smartshares when you can access free reporting tools very easily (for example Sharesight)?? At the end of the day smartshares is offering a low cost etf solution...
    Sharesight is not a good tool when you do monthly contributions into several ETFs and I don't have the time to update Sharesight every month. Sharesight is probably a good tool for when investing in individual companies directly.

I just update sharesight every month - You're right it does take some time about 15mins a month, and all the ETF are there. I'd prefer at this stage to keep the fee's as low as possible.

You can also buy the underlying smartshare ETF's though superlife though their management fees I believe are slightly higher.

smartshare at 0.35% / superlife at 0.44%

Quote Originally Posted by FIsaver View Post
    I just update sharesight every month - You're right it does take some time about 15mins a month, and all the ETF are there. I'd prefer at this stage to keep the fee's as low as possible.

You can also buy the underlying smartshare ETF's though superlife though their management fees I believe are slightly higher.

smartshare at 0.35% / superlife at 0.44%
    I use ANZ Securities to buy the Smartshares. I don't know how many ETFs you are making contributions to every month but I have several. Even Simplicity Funds have a basic Portfolio Dashboard and their fees are just as low.

InvestNow now have access to 7 SmartShare funds,

Australia Top 20
    Australia Mid Cap
    NZ Top 50
    NZ Mid Cap
    Europe
    US Top 500
    Total World