sharetrader
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Forgot to add that she said that Nissan N.Z. has refused to fit a N.Z. GPS map to the cars GPS system. I didn't unpack this but this suggests to me that you can expect ZERO support from Nissan N.Z. on a parallel imported Leaf.
    That's probably not the whole story. Changing maps cant be done and usually requires the replacement of the whole head unit which can be done by an Audio firm. Probably the bigger issue is so many of the cars functions (GPS, Tolls, Cameras, phone, bluetooth etc) will be tied to the head unit that Nissan doesn't want to fiddle with it.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    That's probably not the whole story. Changing maps cant be done and usually requires the replacement of the whole head unit which can be done by an Audio firm. Probably the bigger issue is so many of the cars functions (GPS, Tolls, Cameras, phone, bluetooth etc) will be tied to the head unit that Nissan doesn't want to fiddle with it.
    So importing a car has many potential downsides.
    I wonder if the tesla imports can have their computers reprogrammed for nz?
    Will the new Nissan leaf ev be sold by nz nissan company.
    Sounds like there are going to be lots of choice with ev in the next 5 years.
    Hyundai ioniq is here but I want better performance and 4 wheel drive.
    would like to buy in the next 2 years but what should i be looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    So importing a car has many potential downsides.
    I wonder if the tesla imports can have their computers reprogrammed for nz?
    Will the new Nissan leaf ev be sold by nz nissan company.
    Sounds like there are going to be lots of choice with ev in the next 5 years.
    Hyundai ioniq is here but I want better performance and 4 wheel drive.
    This a good question and sorry I can't help you with advice on the latter point. Nissan N.Z. need to have a good long look at themselves if they want to sell this vehicle here as if they don't people will simply keep buying parallel imports at a much more attractive price. For example, it is simply absurd that they tried to sell the leaf with just a standard 3 year 100,000 km warranty when Toyota and Honda were selling their vehicles with an 8 year battery warranty. To make things worse in the U.S. Nissan America had an 8 year warranty with specific parameters around the amount of battery degradation that was allowable. The net result is a lot of people in hot and very cold climates were eligible for battery replacements. The new Hyundai Ioniq comes with a 10 year battery warranty. If Nissan want customers to take official channel purchases of the new Leaf seriously they need to match what Hyundai are doing. If they do Mrs Beagle might consider a new Leaf at some stage and if they don't she won't, simple as that. Without proper support people are inclined to stick with proven technology. Our days of being Guinea pigs are behind us.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-10-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    The first thing you should be looking at is a list that does not have type of engine (Electric or ICE) on the list.

Top of list is a calculation for Total Cost of Ownership. You drill down from there.

What features (camera, parking assist, lane warning - or bog standard point afn go)

Serviceability. Is there someone near at a reasonable price

Economy - how far will it go on a tank / charge

Parts - are they readily available

reliability. How often is it likely to break down

Standard of manufacture. Decent or cheap

Colour. Red goes faster but fades quicker.

Update Ready To Install

fish and others there is on Facebook NZ EV Owners ,everything you want to know including Dealers who import from Britain so no changing of head unit.