sharetrader
Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1320

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    For $74K it does seem worth it. Reason is let's start comparing what's available in NZ for BRAND NEW EVs.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Cat...e21b3f1306-001

I see a VW eGolf for $70K
    I see Kia Niro for $74K
    I see Hyundai Kona for $78K

Who can afford that kind of money - only teh virtuous rich. Enriched by subsidised road taxes and shortly they will get purchase subsidies as well.

In the mean time us hard working Kiwi Battler taxpayers have to continue in our economical ICE's while respecting the scarcity of rare resources and vulnerable / exploited labour.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Who can afford that kind of money - only teh virtuous rich. Enriched by subsidised road taxes and shortly they will get purchase subsidies as well.

In the mean time us hard working Kiwi Battler taxpayers have to continue in our economical ICE's while respecting the scarcity of rare resources and vulnerable / exploited labour.

For "Kiwi Battler taxpayers" read "comfortable, successful investors" ?

Update Ready To Install

or self combusting grinches . Im still waiting for the influx of cheaper chinese etc eV's, poleeeesee!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    For "Kiwi Battler taxpayers" read "comfortable, successful investors" ?

I didn't get to where I am today by spending exorbitant amounts of cash on rapidly depreciating assets just so I could feel good about a problem that is not of my making nor within my sphere of influence to change.

Veteran novice

I didn't get to where I am today by spending exorbitant amounts of cash on rapidly depreciating assets just so I could feel good about a problem that is not of my making nor within my sphere of influence to change.
    Fair enough, CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    or self combusting grinches . Im still waiting for the influx of cheaper chinese etc eV's, poleeeesee!
    Good one. Support a regime that exploits its workers. "What has often been ignored, however, is the exploitation of frontline workers through increased work intensity and excessive overtime, as well as low pay and use of temporary workers". Apart form the fact perfectly good ICE vehicles will be sent prematurely to landfill
    Last edited by minimoke; 13-06-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Update Ready To Install

Fair comment. However chinese workers do alright. there a a few hundred million middle class clogging the tourist spots of the world.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 13-06-2019 at 09:52 PM.

This thread is about the turning point and I agree it hasnt been reached yet.
    Purchase subsidies would bring the turning point closer-could you elaborate on your statement about purchase subsidies
    Thanks in anticipation.

Fair comment. However chinese workers do alright. there a a few hundred million middle class clogging the tourist spots of the world.
    Ugh. The stench of hypocrisy coming from this post has just hit me. To satisfy your Global Warming vanity you are prepared to play a part in the death of over 100 chinese workers a day as well as create demand on factories that rely on coal fired energy to operate. Disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    This thread is about the turning point and I agree it hasnt been reached yet.
    Purchase subsidies would bring the turning point closer-could you elaborate on your statement about purchase subsidies
    Thanks in anticipation.
    I wouldnt be surprised to see an announcement as part of Labours election promises next year.

Guru

People like you will be lined up for crimes against humanity in future in your attempts to deny global warming and impede solving it.
    Who is that weird remark addressed to?

Update Ready To Install

"Quote "minimise Ugh. The stench of hypocrisy coming from this post has just hit me. To satisfy your Global Warming vanity you are prepared to play a part in the death of over 100 chinese workers a day as well as create demand on factories that rely on coal fired energy to operate. Disgusting!

People like you will be lined up for crimes against humanity in future in your attempts to deny global warming and impede solving it. A robust debate is fine but your consistent denial and trivialisation of what is becoming an urgent problem for the planet to solve puts you in that category imo.

Guru

"Quote "minimise Ugh. The stench of hypocrisy coming from this post has just hit me. To satisfy your Global Warming vanity you are prepared to play a part in the death of over 100 chinese workers a day as well as create demand on factories that rely on coal fired energy to operate. Disgusting!

People like you will be lined up for crimes against humanity in future in your attempts to deny global warming and impede solving it. A robust debate is fine but your consistent denial and trivialisation of what is becoming an urgent problem for the planet to solve puts you in that category imo.
    Are you advocating the death penalty (lined up for) for those that wish to have a different view to yours? I thought opinions were still allowed to be held in this country. You are a dangerous individual with ideas like that JT. I too trivialise the human impact of climate changes as I do not believe we have much input into it. But for you to advocate that I be "lined up", that borders on well I don't know what it is. But it is really unpleasant to think there are people like you about in the community that would want to harm others for having "opinions"

Thats sound like hate speech aimed at me. I'll return to our debate when you come back from your time on the naughty step/

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Are you advocating the death penalty (lined up for) for those that wish to have a different view to yours? I thought opinions were still allowed to be held in this country. You are a dangerous individual with ideas like that JT. I too trivialise the human impact of climate changes as I do not believe we have much input into it. But for you to advocate that I be "lined up", that borders on well I don't know what it is. But it is really unpleasant to think there are people like you about in the community that would want to harm others for having "opinions"
    During my time on this forum I dont think I have seen a more appalling post from anyone. That JT would wish actual harm on a fellow poster sinks to a new and all time low.
    Last edited by minimoke; 14-06-2019 at 12:11 PM.