sharetrader
Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35758182838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1317

Of course accelerating in that 0-100kph all the time will somewhat reduce the range

Update Ready To Install

But get there faster

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    But get there faster
    Leaving more time to recharge.

Update Ready To Install

I wonder what a modern F1 car would do it in.. if they let them run them again.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

More idle curiosity, where's the money coming from to electrify the vehicle fleet?

Two million plus Nissan Leafs at $40,000 a pop comes to how many years exports at $60 billion a year? With no money available from trade-ins, and no second-hand imports to soften the blow.

No second hand imports? We are talking about NZ, where the average age of the vehicle fleet is 14 years.. We will still be buying hand-me-downs from Japan.. for the next 30years.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    No second hand imports? We are talking about NZ, where the average age of the vehicle fleet is 14 years.. We will still be buying hand-me-downs from Japan.. for the next 30years.
    You know, I don't think you're right.

I think that the world has G*d knows how many petrol, diesel, and gas burning vehicles to replace over a short timeframe, and there simply isn't going to be enough electric vehicle turnover available to satisfy the traditional New Zealand second-hand import market.

I think the world is about to reach a turning point for EVs over the next five years at most , and I wonder how New Zealand will pay for the upcoming switch.

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    You know, I don't think you're right.

I think that the world has G*d knows how many petrol, diesel, and gas burning vehicles to replace over a short timeframe, and there simply isn't going to be enough electric vehicle turnover available to satisfy the traditional New Zealand second-hand import market.

I think the world is about to reach a turning point for EVs over the next five years at most , and I wonder how New Zealand will pay for the upcoming switch.
    Looks like its going to be tax on new diesel cars and subsidy for ev.
    Typical government interference that will distort the market and be initially conter-productive-eg rush to buy new diesel cars in next 2 years and reduced sales of ev-I might wait now for 2 years before getting my ev.
    If I buy an ev it will depreciate by up to $8000 in 2021.
    Maybe I should buy a big powerful diesel as it will appreciate in value

Update Ready To Install

Def in the right direction here, surely you want to be in on this fish.That last line of yours sounds incredibly tit for tatty .
    Government scheme could slash prices on cleaner cars, and make dirtier cars more expensive

Def in the right direction here, surely you want to be in on this fish.That last line of yours sounds incredibly tit for tatty .
    Government scheme could slash prices on cleaner cars, and make dirtier cars more expensive
    So you are actually putting your money where your mouth is and buying an EV are you Joshuatree?

Update Ready To Install

Thats the plan, you? ATM We have restricted ourselves to one small petrol car with a small motor . Walk alot, recycle, compost , mow with a hand mower etc.

Int to see how much cars have improved here,

"This is where Prius is playing a significant role. When the self-charging Series 10 model was introduced in 1997 its CO2 emissions were 114 g/km. The series 20 version introduced in 2003 reduced it to 106 g/km, the Series 30 in 2009 to 89 g/km, Series 40 in 2016 to 80 g/km - and now the plug-in Prius Prime boasts the 22 g/km."

Don't diss the hybrid, says Toyota as it launches new plug-in Prius Prime

Thats the plan, you?
    Yes, will buy an EV, when there something decent (Think Tesla but without the autonomous focus.. something designed to be primarily driven by a human, not to be a taxi) for well under a 6 figure sum. So hopefully the current car lasts another 3 or 4 years at least so there is some chance of that happening.
    Meanwhile.. today my alternator may have given notice of intending to go on permanent vacation. Bloody electrics!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    So hopefully the current car lasts another 3 or 4 years at least so there is some chance of that happening.
    Meanwhile.. today my alternator may have given notice of intending to go on permanent vacation. Bloody electrics!

Let me guess. You own a European car. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Let me guess. You own a European car. Correct?
    Not this one, its as Japanese as it gets (Honda), Apparently the alternator on this model is a teensy bit under-speced so they die early (if you call 200k kms early), but I've just picked up a new aftermarket one for $200, and it look easy as pie to fit, so i'll get it down to the garage tomorrow.

Have owned a couple of European cars... Lancia, VW Passat, Ford Mondeo (they were/are designed and made by Fords European arm).. The Lancia was fun, only caught fire once, and everyday was a lottery with which warning lights would be on...