sharetrader
Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1378

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Yeap...that's the risk. Latest issue of N.Z. Autocar contains a good write-up on the new Audi Q8 EV which they rate well and recalls that on the same enthusiastic test drive route to Raglan and back the Tesla S curled up in a little ball crying to Mumma and went into limp home "safe" mode under just mildly enthusiastic driving.
    I don't think these Tesla's are up for enthusiastic driving and if you do some, make sure you have some very good fire extinguishers on board.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeap...that's the risk. Latest issue of N.Z. Autocar contains a good write-up on the new Audi Q8 EV which they rate well and recalls that on the same enthusiastic test drive route to Raglan and back the Tesla S curled up in a little ball crying to Mumma and went into limp home "safe" mode under just mildly enthusiastic driving.
    I don't think these Tesla's are up for enthusiastic driving and if you do some, make sure you have some very good fire extinguishers on board.
    Same old beagle..behind the times. Model S used induction motors which were never a good choice for prolonged high power applications, there is no good way to cool the rotor, Model 3 uses permanent magnet motors, no problem at all, no rotor heating, so all the heat is in the windings which are liquid cooled. And guess what, the Model S and X now are switching to the same motor type as a Model 3. That problem is gone.

Would you like me to give you a link to a whole bunch of internal combustion engine cars catching fire.. so many on youtube its not funny..
    What flavour Car-Be Que do you want..
    BMW? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us56c7yQAYY
    Lambo? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N44icPfGi1M
    Yank tank of some sort (polcie cruiser).. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_hF4tra70

So all existing model X and model S cars have components in them that make them basically unfit for intended purpose and are ostensibly a pup lol
    What is the point of having a performance car if you can't use it enthusiastically on back country roads ?

Talk is the VW group have invested a whopping $90 billion on EV's and are set to release 20 models before 2025.

Mercedes-Benz and BMW are also set to release multiple new EV models in the next few years.
    European build quality leaves Tesla for dead. These European manufactures with many decades of experience of building to scale and with good quality control are absolutely going to smash Tesla over the years ahead and Tesla's vehicles will be exposed for the poor quality, poorly assembled vehicles they are.

I attended an EV car show in Auckland last year and had a look at the panel gaps and general fit and finish of a Tesla model S and was completely underwhelmed.
    The EV's that impressed were the VW Golf and the Hyundai Kona. Once VW start building a Golf with a decent range at an attractive price, look out, that's the game changer for quality EV's right there.

So all existing model X and model S cars have components in them that make them basically unfit for intended purpose and are ostensibly a pup lol

What is the point of having a performance car if you can't use it enthusiastically on back country roads ?

Nope, just more beagle BS. They do just fine as normal road going cars. Not too good as a trackcar once heat soaked tho. And that was the old ones..

As for your comments about German build quality... as a former (once, only once..) VW owner, I hope the powertrain team can do better with EVs than they did with ICEs.

Anyone interested in owning a Tesla should stop reading right here and just read the derisory comments in well respected N.Z. Autocar about Tesla in the current April 2019 magazine.

Electric cars are good for the environment

Renewed interest in Aussie nickel mines they say.....and lithium mining going OK as well
    Last edited by winner69; 26-04-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

–Benjamin Graham”

Anyone interested in owning a Tesla should stop reading right here and just read the derisory comments in well respected N.Z. Autocar about Tesla in the current April 2019 magazine.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/top...gazine-out-now

You see, back in 2018, Elon Musk tweeted that the Tesla Model 3 Performance would beat anything in its class on a track. He even namechecked the mighty BMW M3 – a bold move. Naturally then, we tried to call Elon’s bluff. That meant grabbing both cars and heading to Thunderhill Raceway in northern California. You know the outcome, but if you want to find out just how David’s EV slayed Goliath you’ll need to pick up this month’s issue.

Top Gear Magazine’s head-to-head also found — unsurprisingly — that the Tesla beat the BMW on pure acceleration, as well as on their 0–100–0 mph acceleration-and-braking tests. It’s worth noting also that the price of the Tesla came in at more than a thousand dollars below that of the BMW M3.
    Bugger, 2 secs faster round a track than a M3.. and cheaper. And cheaper to run...
    Just a shame about the horrible interior design. Put the model S dash/controls inside the model 3 and it'd be on my shopping list.

I liked this comment from the comments section "Reactor-4 • 9 hours ago
    I believe EV is the future. But, I'll see you on lap 15 with my m3 and we will see if the Model 3 is still running or is parked charging over overheated!"

How many laps could they do before the Model 3 overheated...that as they say is the $64,000 question !

Nissan N.Z. are releasing the 40KW/hr Leaf in N.Z. shortly. Not before time. Apparently the retail price is going to be $59,995 from what I hear. Mrs Beagle and I will pass on that.
    https://www.nissan.co.nz/cars-vehicl...-leaf/overview
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-04-2019 at 12:31 PM.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/751280/...-ev-batteries/
    At least 1 manufacturer is taking a stand against the exploitation of children in cobalt mining unlike others who simply don't care who they exploit as long as they grow their companies.

I se on Tesla N.Z. website they are still flogging off Tesla Model S with the old tech electric drive motors...the ones that overheat in no time and go into limp (pathetic"?) mode.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-04-2019 at 02:05 PM.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/751280/...-ev-batteries/
    At least 1 manufacturer is taking a stand against the exploitation of children in cobalt mining unlike others who simply don't care who they exploit as long as they grow their companies.

I se on Tesla N.Z. website they are still flogging off Tesla Model S with the old tech electric drive motors...the ones that overheat in no time and go into limp (pathetic"?) mode.
    Well, gee, i'm sorry Tesla NZ can't source new stock with new motors considering the change was only announced a few days ago, and isn't yet into production. I guess they should totally ignore physical reality, supply chains, and magically upgrade their existing stock to something that isn't even in production yet.

Electric cars must really scare the bejesus out of you for you to go to so much trouble trying to shoot them down. Or is it just change in general that scares you witless?

New type of electric motors are up and running and on offer on the Tesla Australia website, are Kiwi's third rate citizens ?...I guess they're hoping us dumb Kiwi's are too thick to notice we're still being officered a second rate product. Not scared of change at all, just like to explore the objective facts and expose myth's about clayton's performance cars.
    Read the Jaguar I Pace review in NZ Autocar's April 2019 issue wherein they make quite derisory comments about Tesla.

New type of electric motors are up and running and on offer on the Tesla Australia website, are Kiwi's third rate citizens ?...I guess they're hoping us dumb Kiwi's are too thick to notice we're still being officered a second rate product.
    As of a minute ago the text about the motors on the Model S page is identical on both Australiain and NZ sites.. So WTF you on about.

"Model S comes standard with Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, Model S Ludicrous Performance pairs a rear motor with a high efficiency front motor to achieve Ludicrous acceleration, from zero to 100 km/h in 2.6 seconds."

Which, btw says nothing definitively about the new motors.

They were only announced 3-4 days ago, there will be no stock in NZ or AUS yet.

You are so full of it.
    Last edited by Vagabond47; 27-04-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Steady on mate, personal attacks are not cool and not necessary. My post was based on well respected car advice article, see here :-
    https://www.caradvice.com.au/750960/...s-x-get-range/
    Read this. According to them the updated version is already available for ordering on the Tesla Au website.
    I can't get on there, Tesla defaults me to the N.Z. website.

In other news Tesla had its worst week on the sharemarket since 2016 this week and broke convincingly below the crucial $250 support line which according to reports by analysts on CNBC yesterday many see as a crucial breakdown.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/26/reut...archterm=Tesla
    https://www.caradvice.com.au/751086/tesla-profit-2019/
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-04-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Steady on mate, personal attacks are not cool and not necessary. My post was based on well respected car advice article, see here :-
    https://www.caradvice.com.au/750960/...s-x-get-range/
    Read this. According to them the updated version is already available for ordering on the Tesla Au website.
    I can't get on there, Tesla defaults me to the N.Z. website.
    And the exact same production line is used for producing cars ordered on the NZ website. And surprise surprise, the cars already in Australian inventory are the older spec ones, just like the NZ site. Any new custom ordered car from anywhere in the world will have the new motors, so there is no difference between Australia or NZ. Once again, you either don't know what you are talking about, or you are so keen to bash Tesla you don't bother about accuracy.

If you don't like me calling you out on your BS, then perhaps you should get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond47 View Post
    And the exact same production line is used for producing cars ordered on the NZ website. And surprise surprise, the cars already in Australian inventory are the older spec ones, just like the NZ site. Any new custom ordered car from anywhere in the world will have the new motors, so there is no difference between Australia or NZ. Once again, you either don't know what you are talking about, or you are so keen to bash Tesla you don't bother about accuracy.

If you don't like me calling you out on your BS, then perhaps you should get your facts straight.
    Have a nice chat you two ah

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/new...-time#comments

The i pace is a very small donkey..while the model x is a mid range suv in size and scale.

Have a European associate running a fleet of taxis using Tesla's out of a main airport in Europe. Thought it would be interesting to see how he is doing after buying a fleet of 55 to service the airport. Had to increase numbers to cover shifts form his precious merc's numbers and the higher capex yet key to access to the airport as they want a green theme and gave preferential licence. They get four hours normal driving before requiring a 30 min recharge to get through to the end of the shift. Have averaged 135,000 km per vehicle to date. No maintenance or reliability issues. Main problem with them being drivers complaining about back issues..apparently great debate with seats and their functionality for prolonged use. That is also what I found when driving one for a couple of months...