sharetrader
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

I believe that in a few years the company will double in value, i agree. Expansion into the usa and uk will cause this. I also like their balance sheet. Interesting that im some countries they report being fully occupied and no room for growth. I hope expansion into the usa will work as it did with other markets, and not be fickle like Spain.

I suppose given the growth they're cheap even at this price, but retail usually has a lower pe, so in that respect they're not cheap. Given this im not confident to buy more at these prices, but will likely top up on the dips.

Lovisa down 44% today !!

After a market update saying lots of stores were closed but production was coming back in China. Fashion jewelry is not going to be anyone's priority at the moment but that drop is crazy. Have they got lots of debt or something?

Anyone still holding or buying?

percy

Not currently holding,although the trust I help out on still has a few..
    No debt worries,but with a lot of stores temporary closed, and the likely hood of more having to as well,the market was rather spooked by today's trading update.
    On my watch list.
    Their market is young people, so when this Coronavirus is over, they should recover very quickly.
    Last edited by percy; 19-03-2020 at 06:45 PM.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/202003...3kmnwjlr54.pdf Down 44% in one day. Hope this type of announcement is not issued for any retail stocks in due course on the NZX but I think it could be a useful insight / lead indicator into what might be coming for the likes of BGR, KMD, HLG, and WHS
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/202003...3kmnwjlr54.pdf Down 44% in one day. Hope this type of announcement is not issued for any retail stocks in due course on the NZX but I think it could be a useful insight / lead indicator into what might be coming for the likes of BGR, KMD, HLG, and WHS
    I would argue all of those companies sell more essential things than Lovisa perhaps in this order of necessity: WHS, BGR, KMD, HLG.

Would have to disagree Percy, what Lovisa sells is a frivolous purchase bought mostly by young people whose jobs may no longer exist (cafe, bar, tourism, retail staff etc). Guess you could argue its a cheaper replacement for more expensive jewelry.

percy

I did say when this Coronavirus is over..........

Had to take my brother-in-law to Westpac, Eastgate this morning.
    The car park was pretty full.
    While he was there, I went into Countdown and brought a few items.
    I then went into Warehouse Stationery and The Warehouse,and back through the food court.
    All were doing good business.
    Going to be the place for chemist items.Already a Unichem pharmacy,and a Countdown pharmancy, and now a very large discount chemist is getting set up ready to open shortly.
    Last edited by percy; 19-03-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    I would argue all of those companies sell more essential things than Lovisa perhaps in this order of necessity: WHS, BGR, KMD, HLG.

Would have to disagree Percy, what Lovisa sells is a frivolous purchase bought mostly by young people whose jobs may no longer exist (cafe, bar, tourism, retail staff etc). Guess you could argue its a cheaper replacement for more expensive jewelry.
    Yes and no...you know how the young ones have a need to look "all shiny".
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I bought CKF today - down 50% but 75% takeaway sales and I'm sure a lot of the remainder will still buy to takeaway... much safer bet

Up 124% since 24th March @ $3.21 but added more last Friday reducing margin to 60%

Today was another good day...........

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    With thanks to Noodles and KW.
    105,000,000 shares on issue ,giving a market cap of $403,200,000 at $3.84.
    eps.22.07 cents....PE 17.4 ...Div Yield {australian] 3.13%
    Lovisa produce and sell Fashion jewellery and accessories.
    They have stores in Australia,NZ,UK,Singapore,Malaysia and South Africa,and have franchise stores in the Middle East.
    The company utilizes daily inventory monitoring from its centrally located warehouses in Melbourne and Hong Kong.
    They trade from "smallish" stores in very high foot traffic Malls.The pay back from opening a new store is usually under 18 months.
    Logistics are made easy by jewellery being small.Airfreighting product around the world is cheap,and fast compared to TVs,clothing etc. This aids stock turns.The products appeal to women of all ages.
    I keep an eye on Westfield Riccarton store.Allways busy.
    Today they announced an earnings upgrade.
    Above posted 01-05-2017 for those unable to find the thread.