sharetrader
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric future

Do some research on "Aluminium battery technology" (also substitute aluminium for those americans who cant spell).

Lithium battery technology will always be hamstrung by the inescapable drawbacks of lithium, namely flammability. Imagine the "galaxy S7 note syndrome" if it happened in Tesla model 3's, or any other battery powered EV.

Lithium is simply the best compromise available at the moment

Aluminium is looking very promising as the next generation (pun) battery technology.

Perhaps consider this area as worthy of an investment

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    On-site generation and storage technologies like solar tiles & the Tesla Powerwall will have an impact on generators, as will the significant implications for upgrades to the grid and local power networks.

Generators do enjoy a significant economy of scale advantage though.
    True. but even a Nissan Leaf requires 44kWh for a full charge and the Tesla Wall battery is 10kWh. That makes a huge solar panel - home battery requirement to charge an electric vehicle without big increases in current grid generation capability.

Default Off Market Section Thread with 7 pages of discussion already

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Cheers Roger.
    My thoughts are that electric vehicles are going to happen and once they become the norm this will have a major impact on our lives and the future of many companies. Where should we invest now to take advantage of this in 10 years time?
    One decent investment in this if it goes off will cover a few bad investments and I am happy to take the risk.
    I invested in oz resources for years and often went for the companies that supplied the miners. Thinking along those lines here as well.
    Cheers,
    MPC

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes the world is slowly opening up its eyes to human induced global warming; i just hope its not too late.Have a look at my thread GREEN STOCKS FOR A WIN/WIN .

FND a good copper producing junior on the ASX DYOR
    I dont understand how you don't think extracting oil from the ground is good but quite happy to recommend raping the ground for non renewable copper.

A company that puts transmission lines in between manapouri and the National grid?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I dont understand how you don't think extracting oil from the ground is good but quite happy to recommend raping the ground for non renewable copper.
    Don't let a few inconvenient truths crash the narrative mm

Same case with EV's. In NZ it may be environmentally friendly but in other countries with non-renewable energy sources such as coal and nuclear all you are doing is causing more harm to the environment as there is a process to convert to EV's. Much cleaner to run petrol there. That is another reason why it will take many years before EV's are the norm.

IMO

One thing leads to another guys ,better than than just passively/aggressively doing nothing ,a step change to better things . Research into alternative sources to thermal coal wouldn't happen otherwise and until we find a replacement for copper its a necessary component; joining dots. Lets leave this world in a sustainable place.

Huge new thermal resource found under alpine fault. So how about running rails along commuter lanes and building a big scalextric track in the cities.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    One gets put into our atmosphere and could severely change life on earth as we know it. One does not. Pretty simple distinction.