sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Electric future

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    And I agree with both of you.

I like the way they have them in Austria: None permitted on ridges, and generally away from the skyline. There are often one or two in industrial areas in the cities, like the waterfront in Vienna, andlarger wind farms on farmland behind forests. We are going to see more wind farms here so lets put them in places where they won't be seen from main highways or tourist routes.
    Personally I'm a fan of the Danish model. Especially the ownership structures.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Im seeing F1 turning into slot cars.
    There is pretty much no overtaken now so they may as well be on tracks.

Update Ready To Install

Played a couple of rounds of Golf at Makara about 35 years ago loved the place! Off track a bit from NZ but maybe of int.
    Ive held ORE Orocobre (ASX) for years(has its own thread). First brine operation in about 15 years; in Olaroz Argentina. Has had many problems but is nearly at full production but not at nameplate yet ; producing about 12,000 tonnes lithium this year. Getting re US$10,000 to $14,000 tonne atm. Last i looked cost was re c$3500 tonne but think its higher now. latest problem is the weather! S/P down again atm due to a 30 year severe winter slowing evaporation and delivery of soda ash (essential in the production process). The local Jujuy govt have holding in the project.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 23-06-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Update Ready To Install

https://reneweconomy.com.au/china-co...-system-77919/

Electrochemical storage system

"Regardless, the project is impressive. The Luneng Haixi Multi-mixed Energy Demonstration Project is made up of 200 MW of solar PV, 50 MW of concentrated solar PV (CPV), 400 MW of wind energy, and a 100 MWh energy storage system, all connected to one another and unified and connected to the grid."

Assuming EVs don't get quashed by lobbyists or some other force, i wonder where most of the money is to be made: mining battery minerals, or filling them up.

Update Ready To Install

Mining battery metals are a good starter imo. Lithium, Copper, cobalt, Nickel, lead. I have a few company's covering some of these. I havnt been savvy enough to find other ideas in other sectors of the EV production line yet. Would enjoy any input from anyone.

LTHM US LIVENT has been reccoed by my normally conservative brokers, a pure play lithium producer with an impressive(if accurate) target price. My lithium play has been for many years and currently under the pump; is ORE Orocobre, Toyota own a chunk of this lowest cost Lithium producer from brines in Argentina fwiw.

Mining seems like a risky investment with high Rewards but electricity utility companies seem like a steady investment with ok Rewards