Hi,

I am a Australian PP holder living in NZ for the last year.
I have saved up 20k and looking at investing that into a better deal than the current savings and term deposits on offer.

I can put away this 20k for as long as I can foresee (5-10 years or even more), this is because I plant to move back to Australia sometime in the near future and therefore plan to keep this for long-very long time until such time I need this bit of money.

After a bit of reading around forums I have now decided to go towards Smartshares.
I like this platform because of the useful available information - mainly the annual statements (Although not all the info makes sense).

Some questions if I get some assistance on?

1. I am interested in buying just FNZ.
But I find that the price of this share is currently at its highest level of ~$2.20.
a. Is this a good time to buy this?
b. Is there potential to go even higher?
c. How do I determine the good fund to go at this point (based on what data)?

2. Is this a better option compared to having it a term deposit for example?
a. How can I determine this to ascertain from the past info to work out the difference (although, I understand that the past is not a good indicator of future) just to play with numbers that are real rather than futuristic which is yet to occur?
b. Are the returns after all the fees, taxes better option compared with the term deposits and savings account?
c. Is there capital growth with these shares?

Is there any other way I can use this 20k to grow over the next 5-10 years?

Thanks in advance.