sharetrader

Default Comments appreciated on my shares selection

Hi there,
    I have been investing small amounts on the the NZX for over 5 years now and have done reasonably well with SUM, RYM,HBL,POT.
    Instead of leaving my funds in the bank. I'm going wanting to invest 50K into nzx shares. Thinking approx 10k into each of FRE,THL,HBL,DIV,ARG. For 1 year.
    I welcome comments from the more experienced investors on here.Any of these shares to avoid, thoughts appreciated...
    Last edited by numbersman; 30-05-2017 at 10:56 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by numbersman View Post
    Hi there,
    I have been investing small amounts on the the NZX for over 5 years now and have done reasonably well with SUM, RYM,HBL,POT.
    Instead of leaving my funds in the bank. I'm going wanting to invest 50K into nzx shares. Thinking approx 10k into each of FRE,THL,HBL,DIV,ARG. For 1 year.
    I welcome comments from the more experienced investors on here.Any of these shares to avoid, thoughts appreciated...
    Looks good to me.
    Should you already hold HBL,you could look to add TRA to your mix,others, stick with your selection.
    Last edited by percy; 30-05-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Banned

Hi there,
    You should consider ATM, if I had held that share continuously from a year ago, my nett worth would be substantially more than it is.
    Last edited by couta1; 30-05-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow Short term pain

...Instead of leaving my funds in the bank. I'm going wanting to invest 50K into nzx shares. Thinking approx 10k into each of FRE,THL,HBL,DIV,ARG. For 1 year....
    Consider leaving your money in the bank.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Ahh lol, same. If only I had a few ATM, brought them at 0.68 but sold a lot of them, making good gains on my measley holding still.

Thanks Paper Tiger, I'm trying to diversify so have left the majority in the bank

Thankyou, your input is much apprieciated, will look into that...