sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    percy

Maybe Bull and his friends could get a lift in the sunshine coach to K road afterwards.?.lol.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Totally agree.
    Most people understand the mechanicisms of "right to occupy" compared to "ownership" before they sign up.
    I will be entering a retirement village in the not too distant future, for lifestyle reasons,not finnancial.
    Which one though

percy

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Which one though
    At this stage I don't know.

Sorry old chap,you seem to have got the wrong end of the stick,I as just trying to explain the ups & downs of villages [a lot of investors,who are not looking to go into a village do not understand the system,I was just trying to give a bit more information before they invested,but maybe you know it all]. I quite like it because we travel a lot & have security in the village & all the maintenance & gardens are done for you..Believe it or not most of the residents do not use the great facilities [like indoor heated pool,billiard table,bowling green,mini golf,croquet,a bar with real cheap drinks,a large tv with all the sky channels in a nicely heated lounge].So I think you are away with the fairies,I was only pointing out the obvious for those not well informed & stating the fact that there could be problems for them in the future if property prices fall [as I think they will].

Quote Originally Posted by crighton100 View Post
    Sorry old chap,you seem to have got the wrong end of the stick,I as just trying to explain the ups & downs of villages [a lot of investors,who are not looking to go into a village do not understand the system,I was just trying to give a bit more information before they invested,but maybe you know it all]. I quite like it because we travel a lot & have security in the village & all the maintenance & gardens are done for you..Believe it or not most of the residents do not use the great facilities [like indoor heated pool,billiard table,bowling green,mini golf,croquet,a bar with real cheap drinks,a large tv with all the sky channels in a nicely heated lounge].So I think you are away with the fairies,I was only pointing out the obvious for those not well informed & stating the fact that there could be problems for them in the future if property prices fall [as I think they will].
    good on ya we need more informed knowledge perhaps you would know what the policy or rules are around personal needs , do they provide facilities for this or services is it allowed i would hate to be in such nice villages without a way to ya know release the stress.

excuse my interest if anyone offended i cant seem to find anything about this in the brochures
    Last edited by bull....; 16-08-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Sorry old chap but not interested in giving any more info to a load of not really serious people,I will keep to reading what you experts have to say & watch you lose your money

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    good on ya we need more informed knowledge perhaps you would know what the policy or rules are around personal needs , do they provide facilities for this or services is it allowed i would hate to be in such nice villages without a way to ya know release the stress.
    I doubt any village would provide the services to which I suspect you are referring. Some may have gyms with therapeutic masseurs.

Under the ORAs I have seen, you can have visitors who can stay for several weeks. It is up to you and your visitors what (legal) activities you pursue behind closed doors provided they do not breach the terms of your ORA.

For example:
    In this Wanaka ORA
    30.2 You may have friends or relatives to stay with you in the Residential Unit for periods notexceeding three weeks at any one time. However, we reserve the right to curtail any sucharrangement where we consider it is interfering with the quiet enjoyment of other residents inthe Village.

I imagine a stranger who is hired for personal services for an hour or so would not produce too much disruption. However a long-term paid (professional) arrangement could be more problematic as, for a start, it would not involve a friend or relative.

http://wanaka-retirement-village.co....ment-oct13.pdf
    http://wanaka-retirement-village.co....sidents-rights
    Last edited by Bjauck; 16-08-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Under the ORAs I have seen, you can have visitors who can stay for several weeks. It is up to you and your visitors what activities you pursue behind closed doors provided they do not breach the terms of your ORA.

For example:
    In this Wanaka ORA
    30.2 You may have friends or relatives to stay with you in the Residential Unit for periods notexceeding three weeks at any one time. However, we reserve the right to curtail any sucharrangement where we consider it is interfering with the quiet enjoyment of other residents inthe Village.

I imagine a stranger who is hired for personal services for an hour or so would not produce too much disruption. However a long-term paid (professional) arrangement could be more problematic as it would not involve a friend or relative.

http://wanaka-retirement-village.co....ment-oct13.pdf
    http://wanaka-retirement-village.co....sidents-rights
    thanks gives some insight into policy seems as though its alright as long as ya not a screamer. ( not as if i can just wander in an ask residents this )
    Last edited by bull....; 16-08-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    thanks gives some insight into policy seems as though its alright as long as ya not a screamer. ( not as if i can just wander in an ask residents this )
    Legally "quiet enjoyment" is a broader concept than just a prohibition against loud noise...