sharetrader

Hybrid View

percy

I think we have all suffered big doses of BS from management/directors.
    I was once a shareholder in Postie Plus.New MD was full of it.Then I compared results with his projections, and was gone.
    Heartland Bank I followed very closely right from word go.All the time they did what they said they would do.If I did not understand some thing, I would phone the CFO and find out.I kept increasing my holding.I then came under attack on sharetrader.People thought I was in love with the company.Yet, I was being objective all the time.I knew the right questions to ask,and compared results with the answers I got.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think we have all suffered big doses of BS from management/directors.
    I was once a shareholder in Postie Plus.New MD was full of it.Then I compared results with his projections, and was gone.
    Heartland Bank I followed very closely right from word go.All the time they did what they said they would do.If I did not understand some thing, I would phone the CFO and find out.I kept increasing my holding.I then came under attack on sharetrader.People thought I was in love with the company.Yet, I was being objective all the time.I knew the right questions to ask,and compared results with the answers I got.
    And you would have been richly rewarded ...my father always goes on about how great Heartland bank is >>>
    nothing better than effort being rewarded
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    And you would have been richly rewarded ...my father always goes on about how great Heartland bank is >>>
    nothing better than effort being rewarded
    Always listen to your dad...lol.
    I guess really JB it comes down to us doing our research.The better our research is, the better the results we get.Then comparing company results with our research.If the company does not come up with the goods we sell,yet if they do what we expect,or better, we buy more and let our profits run,all the time making sure "the story" stays intact.
    The problem I then have, is deciding whether companies such as ,AIA,EBO, FPH,MFT and POT should be held, when their PE is two to three times their growth rate,and their dividend yield is very low.In the case of these companies I sold them all except EBO, where I sold 60% of my holding.
    Last edited by percy; 05-07-2017 at 08:09 PM.