sharetrader

Hybrid View

Yes but not only research but believing in yourself ... and that may seem really simple ..but for me success breeds successive trades ..

So say out of the blue one of my investments I thought was brilliant comes out with a horror announcement VIL.asx a perfect case in point discovered OIL but then the OIL has disappeared months later >> SP tanked 90% nothing I could do about it ....really smashed me for 6
    ... Confidence goes you trade bigger risks to make up the losses...you hold losing trades longer and cut winning trades earlier ...and for me just stop trading like I did pretty much for the bulk of 16/17 fin yr

what I now implement in my trading style to hopefully fix issues of the past learnings is .....

-Diverse my funds pretty evenly over 8-12 companies across many areas of the sectors I am focused on (in a Macro sense)
    -Cut the losses ride the gains let the numbers & T/A talk rather than mgmt hopes (do trades in thirds or half at a time)
    -Set Targets before you HOLD
    -Trade the same company ...farm the market etc if it has the volume to suit
    Last edited by JBmurc; 05-07-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu