sharetrader
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Banned

JB, if you were to start out again, how large a portfolio would you get to before deciding to turn it into a trading company? Is there some cost efficient point where say 100k or 200k for arguments sake, becomes worth setting up a company for?

Forgive my ignorance here, I have been investing for a while, but only "trading" so to speak for a short time.

Guru

"Stockpicking legend Warren Buffett and index champion John Bogle both knew the other was right about investing"
    "https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stockpicking-legend-warren-buffett-and-index-champion-john-bogle-both-knew-the-other-was-right-about-investing-2020-12-10?siteid=yhoof2"

Quote Originally Posted by arekaywhy View Post
    JB, if you were to start out again, how large a portfolio would you get to before deciding to turn it into a trading company? Is there some cost efficient point where say 100k or 200k for arguments sake, becomes worth setting up a company for?

Forgive my ignorance here, I have been investing for a while, but only "trading" so to speak for a short time.
    Guess it comes down to personal preference.. and trading styles I follow a trader on twitter than has 100k he leverage trades and makes silly money with it and just removes his gains each month sometimes he’s pulling out 100k+ for the month ...now if course it would make sense to trade within company structure..

At present it costs me $1750pa in accounting costs and from memory $500 to setup my company “JBM Trading ltd”

Expenses run 15-20k pa (so basically my company pays for much of my fuel & travel , skytv , cell , internet , tv payments... interest on loans basically anything I use within my company I claim ...so no tax till my profit is higher ..

I like the fact I can do want I like when I like within the company buy sell hold buy another trading investment (I have small 18k pa profitable vending business the same company owns)

As to the amount one should think about setting up company structure? All personal preference.. I trade Shares on average 50-100 times a year ... if your less than 10 I would think staying as tax free investor a better fit
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Guess it comes down to personal preference.. and trading styles I follow a trader on twitter than has 100k he leverage trades

As to the amount one should think about setting up company structure? All personal preference.. I trade Shares on average 50-100 times a year ... if your less than 10 I would think staying as tax free investor a better fit
    Thanks for that. It certainly helps with perspective and I am only just starting out really, so in the small number of trades camp.

Guru

Change of US of A govt likely a good time to review those company investments again

"Created in MarketSmith, the screen below emphasizes metrics when looking for companies with long-term past and potential future growth. To make the list, each stock must meet a wide range of criteria, including:

Top 25% of all stocks in terms of five-year annual EPS growth rate.
    Top 15% of all stocks in terms of sustainable growth.
    20% or greater sustainable growth.
    12% or better return on equity.
    15% or greater sustainable EPS growth rate."
    Do your shares make the list?

https://www.investors.com/research/w...gy/?src=A00220

The fox in the hen house again "BlackRock Chief Executive Larry Fink on Tuesday said a leading investor flagged to him concerns about stock market valuations and the possibility of inflation breaking out"
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bl...siteid=yhoof2#
    Last edited by kiora; 21-01-2021 at 05:06 AM.

Been a while since I posted .. funny as since MAR22 I've been full-time focused on Share trading 40hrs+ per week ..prior 18yrs+ was just part-time working in with a seasonal fishing job (not ideal away from internet etc)

Have booked a family holiday to celebrate in April marking 2yrs running the trading company and only surviving on its balance (pretty scary in the early days thinking I might well be looking for another form of employment tail between my legs!!!!!)
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu