Quote Originally Posted by arekaywhy View Post
JB, if you were to start out again, how large a portfolio would you get to before deciding to turn it into a trading company? Is there some cost efficient point where say 100k or 200k for arguments sake, becomes worth setting up a company for?

Forgive my ignorance here, I have been investing for a while, but only "trading" so to speak for a short time.
Guess it comes down to personal preference.. and trading styles I follow a trader on twitter than has 100k he leverage trades and makes silly money with it and just removes his gains each month sometimes he’s pulling out 100k+ for the month ...now if course it would make sense to trade within company structure..

At present it costs me $1750pa in accounting costs and from memory $500 to setup my company “JBM Trading ltd”

Expenses run 15-20k pa (so basically my company pays for much of my fuel & travel , skytv , cell , internet , tv payments... interest on loans basically anything I use within my company I claim ...so no tax till my profit is higher ..

I like the fact I can do want I like when I like within the company buy sell hold buy another trading investment (I have small 18k pa profitable vending business the same company owns)

As to the amount one should think about setting up company structure? All personal preference.. I trade Shares on average 50-100 times a year ... if your less than 10 I would think staying as tax free investor a better fit