sharetrader
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thanks for this thread JBMurc really interesting stuff

Default Example a Great trade goes to plan>>>

Yeah no stress lawson ..

....As a Trader one always loves a good trade that goes to plan... MCR is one that has played out perfectly for me in recent days....

12-13th june - I come across MCR again on HC-Forum is a share I have traded before for great success(great mgmt in the past) so is one I check every so often but as it was in a strong downtrend with Nickel operation put on C&M and the Nickel price at record lows .wasn't to interested >> but I read a few posts on HC about a planned Gold toll treatment project for 2nd/Qtr 2018 ongoing exploration results and started my quick study>>(marco wise I was bullish on the GOLD sector esp in AUD)

T/A first up>>

the Depth table looked strong large Bids in place ....gappy small orders in the offers ----Tick

then onto Chart looked at the 3yr for a start and seen once before MCR had found strong support at the 12-14c range (FEB16) and had bounced hard before trending back to present levels ...putting the two together I was keen to look further>>

Onto more in depth upto date F/A

I went straight to the recent presentation MAY17 --

and seen they had 13mill+ cash march17 (no need for more cap to production)

The near term Gold project scoping study stacked up good cashflows/AISC/grades/payback

And a drill program in some very untouched Gold hotspots....

and even some Lithium leads

....that was me I in BUY,BUY BUY... MCR in @ 14c and back again doubling my holding days later 16c when the trend line when through the Moving averages (T/A)

-----------------then onwards to 3rd july ---- SP was driving much higher 20c then even touched 24c briefly

ann.. for the day JV drilling starting on one of MCR non-core assets(copper etc) ...but Gold was crushed down $15oz

was really watching impressed with the strong bidding to offers in the DEPTH ....then watched some profit taking coming in and without
    any new info decided to take half of the table 21.5c gone ...happy with that see what the next day brings ....

4th July more shares trading not much direction ...wall of selling building in the DEPTH ....starting to look like it had run out of steam ..no new updates .... Gold NIckel ...doing nothing ... sold my other half 21c ....

today I seen the selling pressure has pushed MCR back towards 18.5c

will be watching tomorrow ....but most likely I will be Buying back in again soon 14c-15c I certainly will be
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

One thing I do is to dip a toe in the water of a company that looks interesting but on the risky side. So buy a couple of thou shares and keep watching. Of course could watch without buying any shares but for me does make it more real.

Also I make a bit of an effort to go to ASMs if they are local (Welly). And if the speakers don't mention risks (a few do, most don't) I will ask during the meeting or afterwards - what keeps them up at night. I find I get OK answers to that question most of the time.

In my view, identifying and managing risk is the #1 job of management and boards. Pity some prefer the rose tinted specs.

Yes artemis ....I also like to dip my toe into the higher risk BUYs I'm still not 100% on ..many times volumes can be very low so you have to buy in muti parcels
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

so explain how your whole setup is tax efficient?

Because if you don't do it through a company - ie don't say you are a professional trader you don't get cap gain taxed anyway... You also don't get to claim all those expenses... but you could just push those through an investment property anyway.

So you pay tax on your cap gains, but because you can also claim a tax break on your losing trades + some expenses... its better overall?

Doesn't make sense to me.... Unless you where never making that much profitable trades anyway (thats what it implies.. no offence intended) its like negative gearing

Default I'm no Tax expert

As I was investing in shares and buying and selling before my accountant talked me into the structure ..I'm not expert but it seemed a smart move .... the bases of my company is as a trading entity ... anything the company buys it plans to sell in the short-mid term for a profit
    recently I purchased two sections of land claimed the GST then sold them 1yr later for a tidy profit ....will pay the GST on the total sale in october ....but in the meantime those funds are invested in the S/M ...

I'm also buying a small vending business which will be added into the structure >>buys products to sell

I don't think it gives me a much lower Tax saving compared to being a sole trader paying tax at my personal rates....(which over the years would have worked out much the same if not higher)

For me it's also the redirection of the risk from you as an individual (when operating as a sole trader) to the company. A limited liability company is a legal entity in its own right. It can hold property in its own name, can sue and be sued and has an indefinite existence (unless forcefully brought to an end). A Company allows shareholders to limit their maximum possible liability for the debts of that company to the amount of the paid capital in the company...

And I guess on ones Ego driven side as a company you own the name of your company ..so if you're a brilliant trading and continuing make profits over the years then the banks will respect the company and lead you funds on the back of the company's record and capital ....you of course could sell shares in the company to other investors etc

My goal of course was to take "My company" to that stage .. where I could give up the day job and continue as the sole director (with wife as company sec of course with her 10%)

-business structure-
    https://www.myob.com/nz/blog/which-b...ould-i-choose/
    Last edited by JBmurc; 10-07-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Not so sure where to post this but this is really good news..........
    https://australianfintech.com.au/loc...share-trading/

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Not so sure where to post this but this is really good news..........
    https://australianfintech.com.au/loc...share-trading/
    Do you know if we can tap into this from NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Do you know if we can tap into this from NZ?
    Sorry Mickey, I don't. It would be nice if it will be made available to us here soon too. We can start asking them once it's available to those in Oz.

does sound to good to be true ...I spend hundreds in commissions each year with ANZ(Etrade)