sharetrader
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

who's keep selling?what is the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    who's keep selling?what is the bottom?
    i owned this sold most in the 1.90s the last after there result as far as the bottom goes 0 , as for the present who knows? not as good an operation as thl
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i owned this sold most in the 1.90s the last after there result as far as the bottom goes 0 , as for the present who knows? not as good an operation as thl
    THL going up,ATL going down.
    Not good for ATL .
    Not meeting expectations has seen ATL punished.

Hmm to sell or hold is the question.

Has a long way to fall considering the IPO price was $1 not that long ago

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Hmm to sell or hold is the question.

Has a long way to fall considering the IPO price was $1 not that long ago
    The answer is most probably a lot different for each of us.
    I sold two thirds of my ATL holding late yesterday.
    My Aussie shares are brought for growth,not dividends.This means if there is a slowdown,or weakness in the share price I must be prepared to sell. Yes I should have sold a lot earlier.
    This approach is a lot different to my "core" NZ holdings,which are selected for their capacity to pay increasing fully imputed divies,and the share price is nowdays secondary to me.
    In the back of my mind I keep thinking back to my investment in AQZ.Brought them,and sold out as the market did not see what I saw.When the market woke up I brought back in.About two years later.
    May be ATL have not been listed long enough to have "the runs on the board",time will tell.By keeping a holding in them I am "well positioned" to move, should the market decide to rerate them.I also remember it took THL a long time to get their business model right.
    Last edited by percy; 16-03-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Support sitting at 1.50, will get in at around that price with the rest of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The answer is most probably a lot different for each of us.
    I sold two thirds of my ATL holding late yesterday.
    My Aussie shares are brought for growth,not dividends.This means if there is a slowdown,or weakness in the share price I must be prepared to sell. Yes I should have sold a lot earlier.
    This approach is a lot different to my "core" NZ holdings,which are selected for their capacity to pay increasing fully imputed divies,and the share price is nowdays secondary to me.
    In the back of my mind I keep thinking back to my investment in AQZ.Brought them,and sold out as the market did not see what I saw.When the market woke up I brought back in.About two years later.
    May be ATL have not been listed long enough to have "the runs on the board",time will tell.By keeping a holding in them I am "well positioned" to move, should the market decide to rerate them.I also remember it took THL a long time to get their business model right.
    Hi Percy

I know your a Zulu principle fan like I am. I've never held ATL - too short a post listing history - but I continue to monitor. I was wondering if you've ever looked at JYC. Meets most Zulu criteria, esp. Kitchens, but slightly complicated with minorities, property. The Lloyds online business is something new - might be worth a lot more than current profits in a year or two.

apologies to all for the offline topic

percy

Quote Originally Posted by jg8512 View Post
    Hi Percy

I know your a Zulu principle fan like I am. I've never held ATL - too short a post listing history - but I continue to monitor. I was wondering if you've ever looked at JYC. Meets most Zulu criteria, esp. Kitchens, but slightly complicated with minorities, property. The Lloyds online business is something new - might be worth a lot more than current profits in a year or two.

apologies to all for the offline topic
    Yes thank you I hold JYC.
    The Lloyds online auction business does offer excitement......

PS I have sent you a PM.
    Last edited by percy; 16-03-2018 at 03:44 PM.

You guys piqued my interest in ATL a while ago

Chart makes it look like a 7 day wonder or in this case a 7 month wonder

All that fire and brimstone taking the share price from 140 to 190 and now on the way back to 140,promises not met?

See a few charts like this ......and invariably they never seem to look good again.

I’ll keep ATL on watch ...never know it might be a seven month wonder again. I’ll keep to thl
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

7 month wonder