sharetrader
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Will Metiria Turei illegal acts affect the Greens

Bwahahaha. The hypocricy of it all. Benefit fraud (alleged) and loads of people back her. She seems to think its OK to suck off the tax payer teat as a young mum so no surprise she choose politics.

While I think she should face the full wrath of the law (and receive the usual wet bus ticket slap) I cant see it impacting the Green vote

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Bwahahaha. The hypocricy of it all. Benefit fraud (alleged) and loads of people back her. She seems to think its OK to suck off the tax payer teat as a young mum so no surprise she choose politics.

While I think she should face the full wrath of the law (and receive the usual wet bus ticket slap) I cant see it impacting the Green vote
    Benefit fraud - admitted.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Benefit fraud - admitted.
    Admitted is different from guilty. Wait for the lawyers to get around the technicalities

Oh- and we should add in electoral fraud with registering so she can vote for a mate. Must try that one myself to get out of brownlees electorate!

Heard that fraud officer is checking her ac n going to prosecute her.....

I'm still wondering what her real reason for revealing this at this time was.

Did she think she could put some more heat on Paula Bennett by doing this? Or was she aware someone would out her first?.

Guru

Admitted is different from guilty.
    Yes, but it eliminates the requirement to dance around every utterance by adding 'alleged'.

Advanced Member

It gets thicker and thicker. According to this mornings news she was flatting with he mother part of the time and another part with the father of her child but she was only using that address so that she could vote for a friend who was standing in that electorate - but she wasn't actually living there.. Christine Rankin, on interview, pointed out that they regularly prosecuted people for this type of fraud and that MT would have filled in many false declarations during the period. In my view, prosecution is inevitable but it's unlikely to be resolved before the election.

Update Ready To Install

You'd need to prosecute thousand and thousands more of people who were/are stuck in actual poverty traps and need/ed to do something to survive; feed the kids etc. Its bennett who is not acknowledging her possible worse fraud that needs to be investigated. Its white collar tax fraud that needs to be investigated far more; i mean home detention for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars more!! Its the auditor general arguably the most powerful man in the land only going when forced too which is a scary thought to think that such a person was prepared to stay there!

But surely terminal stupidity is the real issue? The electoral roll shows her living at the address with the father of her children and her mother wile claiming benefits?

People that stupid should not be leading political parties. She needs to resign with that sort of evidence against her.

I'm picking she'll do a todd Barclay. Take the pay until the elections and then disappear to a new life outside parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    You'd need to prosecute thousand and thousands more of people who were/are stuck in actual poverty traps and need/ed to do something to survive; feed the kids etc. !
    Metiria had time to go on protest marches so she had time to work and pull herself out of the "poverty trap" which obviously wasnt a trap but a lifestyle.

RESIGNing would be too honourable for her to do, I think. But hopefully not.

I'm picking she'll do a todd Barclay. Take the pay until the elections and then disappear to a new life outside parliament.
    Well i got that wrong. Obviuosly the snout is too secure in the trough

I'm waiting for metirias story of poverty of morals and poverty of obeying laws she is entrusted in making.

More flakeyness from the greens. They should grow a spine and bin her. Says a lot about a party where 50% of them in a poll back her.

Obviously not bright enough to be a minister. Even in her 20's didn't consider any risk with bonking the flat mate without contraception.