sharetrader

Default Bill English: King of the Texters

So what was Bill English doing sending 450 texts to an ex staff member? I dont think I have sent that many texts to everyone I know in my whole life so it seems like quite a large number to me.

Seems we are in the age of cleansing: Todd Barclay declared his under hand dealings, so has Meteria Turie. So what of Bill?

Advanced Member

Will be interesting to see what he said in those texts, if winnie has them they will be drip fed to the public in due course for max effect
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Update Ready To Install

God knows bill just clams up and hopes it will go away,NOT.
    Maybe KillBill(movie title not literal) off and replace with Joyce. Time a reprint of hoarding posters so that they come out a week after Jacindas and Labours new ones. Its a cunning move seeing all these boring lonely national hoardings around but no red labour ones.Then out they come soon ,the excitement of the new, no one will see the stale national hoardings unless they replace them with exciting new ones featuring Joyce and judith in her giant anaconda blue national scarf

Its Crosby Textor silly

Bill confused?
    “What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end”

I didn't realise there was a constitutional limit, a stautory limit on how much you texted to someone? What's the authority for that? I've probably broken the limit to friends, my son, my daughters, my wife.
    Who cares? It's a victimless crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    I didn't realise there was a constitutional limit, a stautory limit on how much you texted to someone? What's the authority for that? I've probably broken the limit to friends, my son, my daughters, my wife.
    Who cares? It's a victimless crime.
    Of course there is no limit. But if you are a dis-interested by stander why are you sticking your oar in to the tune of 450 texts. Arent there more important things to be thinking and texting about?
    Last edited by minimoke; 07-08-2017 at 08:23 PM. Reason: grmma

Advanced Member

Who cares - voters do- hes being a bit slippery and hes getting found out. 3QUOTE=Major von Tempsky;677292]I didn't realise there was a constitutional limit, a stautory limit on how much you texted to someone? What's the authority for that? I've probably broken the limit to friends, my son, my daughters, my wife.
    Who cares? It's a victimless crime.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Who cares - voters do- hes being a bit slippery and hes getting found out.
    Back in June it was reported "An unredacted copy of the police file obtained by Newsroom includes a text message from English to an official in his former Clutha-Southland electorate, seemingly confirming that Barclay had been recording Dickson". A text message doesnt sound like the PM is too interested or involved. But 450? In a saga that saw one of his MP's ditched for less than Meteria gets to keep her job for.

Update Ready To Install

Bill has said on midday national radio news that he doesn't have the texts anymore and can't remember what they were. Thats it simple ehh , end of story ;not.Credibility question marks remain.

Advanced Member

John Key could try that line and get away with it trouble is Bills not John and no ones buying!

Update Ready To Install

Clever Jacinta is leaving this very critical integrity ethical issue alone and at the same time trusting voters to join the dots about Bill and Todd and leave it to Winston to dish the dirt about the texting etc.

Advanced Member

Looks as though this is going to continue snowball as the PM is trying to stonewall. Plenty of political journos are starting to dig deeper as well .....
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Bill has said on midday national radio news that he doesn't have the texts anymore and can't remember what they were. Thats it simple ehh , end of story ;not.Credibility question marks remain.
    Nothing suspicious there, move on.... Yeah right!

Bill does know that even if he deletes texts they still exist. How does he think police gather evidence? They go looking at text histories of course.

Advanced Member

Hes a Silly Billy isn't he!

Poor old Bill ....no more teflon JKey around .... I don't see this being much better than his last election as NAt leader
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

Advanced Member

Agree with that - history repeats I thought on another post 1999 but 2002 I think is correct