sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cryptocurrency Holdings Discussion

General discussion/debate of crypto can be done separately here.

I am holding:

ETH: All the benefits of Bitcoin with none of the limitations, and many more capabilities. Only difference is that Bitcoin has a head start and is much more widely known. Number of ETH is uncapped though (inflation?).
    XMR: Completely untraceable transactions and holdings. No one can track or trace how much you have or where you spend it. As privacy concerns online grow so should the attractiveness of this coin.
    DASH: Similar to XMR. Bought to trade.
    XRP: The only one of the coins I hold that are backed by a company. They are much more focused on a particular purpose and corporate applications and seem to be gaining traction with banks.
    DNT: The one and only ICO I've participated in. No idea how it could go. Should increase as added to trade on more markets. As far as ICOs go they are the most professional I've found.

I have BTC and some CatCoin (seriously)

I probably have some LTC and MaxCoin and Potcoin somewhere in the blockchain but cannot trace them so , I dont have them really. :+(
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Mainly hold Bitcoin. Want to buy more but NZ exchanges poor in terms of depth and liquidity

Small holdings of Ethereum, Litecoin and Dash

Traded my "free" Bitcoin Cash for tiny holdings of Golem and Iconomi

Looking to hold all for long term

Holding only the main 2 50% BTC/ETH. Only just started out, and sure there are coins with better specs, but for now I'm happy to stick with the main two.
    Bitcoin will always get the majority of coverage and when it goes mainstream(under 5 years?) and the 21 million limit is hit(originally forecast for 2040 but this is getting closer with the incredible processing power being used today and soon quantum computers) there will be a lot of people wanting to own 1 bitcoin. To date 16 million have been mined. Its calculated 4 million are lost forever, with careless owners losing coins everyday. So its possible there will only ever be 15-17 million bitcoins to go round. When the limit is hit deflation will kick in and who knows where the price will go.

I see Bitcoin at 10k+ by end of this decade, at the current rate that could be the end of this year. I have reached my objective of owning 1 bitcoin and if it goes to zero I'll cry a little, kick the cat, cuddle the cat and say well that was an experience. I will double up at any chance I get.

And can people put the % of each coin held? Just want to know what peoples preferences are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    And can people put the % of each coin held? Just want to know what peoples preferences are.
    From https://www.cryptocompare.com

Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 7.26.35 PM.png

Hey Entrep, why no bitcoins? Do you think its too high now?

I think ETH is superior and it's cheaper. BTC keeps leading the pack/direction though so don't listen to me

Yes agreed ETH is leaps and bounds ahead of BTC. Phone analogy works very well if BTC is a landline, ETH is a top of the line smartphone. Increased my ETH holdings a little today. The price was more than I wanted to pay but in the long run its a piss in the ocean. Money earmarked for shares too. I wonder how many users on this forum could contemplate doing that?

And another article brainwashing me into blowing my hard earned 9-5 toil on crypto.
    https://www.wired.com/story/bitcoin-...-dollar1-bill/

I am considering this ICO https://0xproject.com/ - my other one (DNT) is doing fantastically and has plenty of room to run from here. It is not even listed on all exchanges yet.

Harimau Yang Terunggul Paper Tiger's Avatar

Unhappy If only I had mined a block of bitcoin

About 5 years ago when I first became interested in cryptocurrencies I tried solo-mining a few.
    Then came the first crypto-mania when everybody was launching their own bitcoin clone.
    The aim was to pick something with a low hash rate, grab some coin and move on. Coins with a group who seemed to have a vision were preferred but you mined anything rather than nothing.
    I have not mined in the last couple of years.

So I own Litecoin, Monero and Komodo [mined as Bitcoindark] which are worth something and another 24 which do not amount to a hill of beans.

I have no idea how much it cost in electricity to mine these.

Anyway a 3 of 27 strike rate is good.

Now with the next wave you have people getting you to buy into their plan of using blockchain which may or may not come to something.

If you get into enough of them one or two will probably repay your total investment, with or without interest.
    I am not buying into any of these.

That is the way it as always worked when getting in on 'the next big thing'.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Tiger, tiger, burning bright

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

I have no idea how much it cost in electricity to mine these.
    Yeh same here, definitely high expenses mining coins but it was always the tech-challenge and the novelty that attracted me
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Sold XRP and DASH and bought more DNT and ETH a few days ago. Still holding Monero. Will be in the 0x ICO later next week.

Bitcoin and Ethereum featured several times on CNBC this last week. https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/08/1...um-trader.html

BTC hit 4k way earlier then anyone expected, could see 5k by months end, but I'm picking a correction back to the 3k level, where I'll top up again.

In the same time ETH has pretty much stayed stagnant, which is good news and I think you're right getting more. If its still at the $290 mark tomorrow will be tempted to get cash into Cryptopia and buy up.

Can you explain a little more on the ox ico?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    Can you explain a little more on the ox ico?
    I would but the preregistration period has ended. You can find out about the project here tho https://0xproject.com/

How far cryptocurrency posts have come on the forum
    Primarily ETH - as we all should be.

Some interesting reading for those interested in no particular order: DGD, REP, ICN, PAY, OMG, DNT, ANT, SNGLS. Some of the best ICO's around.