sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    How far cryptocurrency posts have come on the forum
    Primarily ETH - as we all should be.

Some interesting reading for those interested in no particular order: DGD, REP, ICN, PAY, OMG, DNT, ANT, SNGLS. Some of the best ICO's around.
    No 0x? I am gutted I missed out on NEO. Took a good long look at $4 and passed...

At the moment I'm holding BTC, ETH, NEO and some OMG.

NEO in particular has been doing especially well recently, been holding it since it was still called ANS.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfRiot View Post

NEO in particular has been doing especially well recently, been holding it since it was still called ANS.
    I don't know when it changed name, but you must be over 10x by now? What is your criteria to sell? When it encountered all that resistance at $35 you didn't consider selling?

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfRiot View Post

And which exchange are you using to buy NEO and OMG?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    You can find the exchanges with the highest volume for any pair at CMC, eg https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/neo/#markets

A little over 10x on NEO at the moment, sold half my holding at about $49 just now and will hold the rest. Didn't end up putting much in, since my strategy was to pick a few promising altcoins. The others are pretty stagnant, or else minor gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    I'm using Bittrex to do most of my altcoin trading, but it's a little annoying to get the initial cash funds into crypto. I use either Lykke (<$1000 purchases) or Kraken (larger amounts).

With Lykke it's nice because you can quickly buy some BTC/ETH with credit card. The rate isn't great though, and it's more worth it to use Kraken if you're buying more than $1000 worth at a time.

From there, transferring to Bittrex is easy and once it's in crypto moving it around is convenient.

BCH!!! In case you're wondering what this is, its the product of the recent hard fork split on Aug 1st of Bitcoin to Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash, BCH.

At the time of the fork I had 1 BTC so have 1 BCH too now. Its gone up 200% in 2 days from $300 to $900 currently.

I should be happy, $US900 cash for doing nothing. BCH market cap is now $15bn, 3 weeks ago it didn't exist.

My spidey senses tingling - this is wrong. That is too much money coming into the market and smacks of greed, excessive greed. FOMO at its best.

Can BP and PT be right with the tulip bulb analogy on this one? I'm rethinking all my crypto holdings at this late hour.

I am selling my BCH to cover purchase costs of other crypto. From the time I started writing this to now the price has gone up $US50 to $us940 per BCH. If I sell my other one BTC now I'll have a profit of a few hundred and still have 1 BTC and 30 ETH left so will be in with a free ride.

I'm mostly annoyed that there are now 2 versions of bitcoin which is going to confuse joe public to no end and increase the adoption time of crypto. And this amount of money coming in at this rate smacks of market manipulation I wouldn't be surprised if we have BCH at $300 by end of weekend. Or it could be $2k.

Anyone else here hold on BCH, what will you do with it?
    Last edited by Fatboyj; Today at 03:05 AM.