sharetrader
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    So WanChain is on hold (do to the China crackdown on ICO's ?) and I did not bother with the White, Yellow or Commerical papers.

These are no more or less 'real' than the Authorship one was/is.
    They are as much 'garbage' as the rest.
    Cindicator has a real product and VC backing. They have raised already.
    Chainlink has a partnership with SWIFT already in place
    And yes Wanchain delayed because of China

I'm curious as to what you're expecting to see/be able to read when investigating an ICO? ETH and Bitcoin both started with whitepapers.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    From an earlier time

Well I went through this whole ICO process. and got an email today/ Its apparently the final email and no further discussion will be entered into. Do not reply. Their word is their final word.

All tokens have now been distributed..

Checked my wallet and not a single token there.

I cannot think of one single share IPO where shares have not been allocated.

If Crypt currencies and ICO's are the future then I reckon we are taking a step backwards
    I agree with this comment its a joke of a company. This is my first ICO and had good potential when started and now is dog****. The devs and staff are taking a week off, ffs a new company and they need stress relief after 1 weekend of grief. Gonna be a fun week to see where this goes. Feel sorry for anyone how invested in this ICO, not looking good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    Feel sorry for anyone how invested in this ICO, not looking good.
    I thought you had put one Eth into it. In which case is the Eth valued at the time you gave it to them or the time the ICO closed?

That was the plan, until I had 2k of tokens and was going to wait closer to the listing time to invest. I didn't in the end. 2k was enough. Now that 2k is worth dog****. Those guys are going to have a hard time getting anything out of this and a lot of people are constantly harassing the idiot in charge. They have his business address and spamming it hard, its an auto dealership. Typical.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    That was the plan, until I had 2k of tokens and was going to wait closer to the listing time to invest. I didn't in the end. 2k was enough. Now that 2k is worth dog****. Those guys are going to have a hard time getting anything out of this and a lot of people are constantly harassing the idiot in charge. They have his business address and spamming it hard, its an auto dealership. Typical.
    So fair to say your due dilligence wasnt up to much when you said
    I've put one of my hard earned ETH into this as see it having great merit and taking off when released next month. Already thinking of investing more from reading what the potential is. Some info on this.

Busted, I did write that back in the early days convinced of putting in the eth but put the safety pin back in when getting referrals was a free way to do it. Turns out it was a waste of time posting my referral link on various sites. I know this aint over yet there's still a **** storm happening over how this was handled and the authorship guys will get constant grief that is well deserved.

And there are many icos out there now offering freebies to spam their name, I've learned early its not worth the time. You get what you pay for.

Banned

Happy days!. Suitcase on the bed, hanky knotted, sandals and socks sorted, shorts ironed - holiday is back on track!

Got an email to say my tokens will be delivered within the next three days. My palms are itchy so looks like all systems are go!

Don't count your chooks yet they have flip flopped so many times its not funny anymore. Definitely put your details through the withdraw form http://authorship.com/withdraw/ and wait for the next idiotic statement they come out with.

Have you guys considered how you'll actually trade your ATS once/if you get them?

You'll need to use Etherdelta as its a certainty that this coin will never be listed on any exchange

https://etherdelta.com/#ATS-ETH

Guides here - https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherDelta/...st_time_users/

Be careful, EtherDelta can be very confusing (its decentralised and the GUI is not great). Lots of people have lost money due to fat fingers and other mistakes... and as you know there are no reversals with crypto.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Have you guys considered how you'll actually trade your ATS once/if you get them?
    In this new improved technological world I think that is a minor consideration. Its the phenomenal growth we should focus on.

But I have looked into this and I recall that they are swapped for ETH. Hence my planned extravagant holiday.

Harimau Yang Terunggul Paper Tiger's Avatar

Wink I read a lot of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Cindicator has a real product and VC backing. They have raised already.
    Chainlink has a partnership with SWIFT already in place
    And yes Wanchain delayed because of China

I'm curious as to what you're expecting to see/be able to read when investigating an ICO? ETH and Bitcoin both started with whitepapers.
    I wish I had never clicked on your Cindicator link, I am being pursued across the internet by their damn adverts now!

So to make sure we are on the same page I did not read the assorted papers for the WanChain thing (will get around to it later), but I did read the whitepapers for the other two.

[As an aside I have written a few whitepapers in my time, never my favourite task ]

I read the whitepapers because I am interested to see the 'problem' that they are trying address, the product, the technology, the what & how of the solution that they are proposing to implement.
    It is useful to me and can spark ideas for my own work.

Outside of that. independently of who is backing it, partnering with it, and whether they have a real product - success is never a given and often not even probable.

Anybody who invests in this sort of thing should due a reasonable amount of research into each and every offer, spread their risk by investing in a number of diverse ICO's and consider whether the likely rewards make it worthwhile.

Personally I will currently invest my [crypto] money in none of them.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger