sharetrader
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    IMO

This is the official sanctioned happy rampers thread, go for it guys. The train has left the station

not holding just ramping
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 04-12-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Advanced Member

Had another go @ 15 cents today , but closed @ 14.5 .
    JT never too late to get on the train , you just missed the first few stops .
    Once 15 does go , 20 will come up pretty quick imo.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Had another go @ 15 cents today , but closed @ 14.5 .
    JT never too late to get on the train , you just missed the first few stops .
    Once 15 does go , 20 will come up pretty quick imo.
    KNM this week traded back down to support @ 10 , in fact just touched 9.9 for small volume . Decent buying support came into the market down there and it quickly traded bak to 11/12 . In fact a traders paradise 11-12.5 .
    Awaiting a sales update from the NY area that was promised in January .Hopefully that is the catalyst for us to finally push through the 15 resistance .
    Closed today @ 12.5 DISC : Holding & accumulating on dips.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    KNM this week traded back down to support @ 10 , in fact just touched 9.9 for small volume . Decent buying support came into the market down there and it quickly traded bak to 11/12 . In fact a traders paradise 11-12.5 .
    Awaiting a sales update from the NY area that was promised in January .Hopefully that is the catalyst for us to finally push through the 15 resistance .
    Closed today @ 12.5 DISC : Holding & accumulating on dips.
    Not sure whether the Aussie market is still in holiday mode ,as there appears to be more than usual volatility in a large number of small cap companies I hold,including KNM and LOV.
    Will continue to watch with bated breath.!..
    Last edited by percy; 12-01-2018 at 06:45 AM.

Guru

last hours for 2018 competition entries
    Be aware of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    that not forbidden is mandatory.
    Anyone but o'brien

Following the momo

Latest 4C out, and I'm a little disappointed.

The way I read it:

- Sales have stalled, as remaining 5,500 NYC special needs seats are still waiting on budget allocation (these were promised to us by the end of Oct 2017 in the Sep update)
    - Payments from NYC Department of Education have been delayed (these were confirmed to be coming in the Oct 4C update, yet only $8k was received at 31 Dec 17)
    - New state trials have been delayed due to weather

Traction may return to KNM during the current quarter through new trials and sales (like June & July 2017), but from my point of view, they failed to reach my expectations of "significant growth" during the quarter as mentioned in the previous 4C. The company over promised and under delivered (again) IMHO.

I like the idea and the market opportunity that KNM have, but have sold a chunk of my holding today and will monitor for a possible re-entry once traction starts to return.
    Last edited by McGinty; 31-01-2018 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Spelling

percy

As you know I sell books to school libraries.Been a great little business.
    However NO SALES to schools in December and January."Sales have stalled."
    NO SALES to schools in April school holidays.Stalling again.
    Snow and floods.Sales stall.
    NO SALES to schools in July school holidays.Stalling again.
    NO SALES to schools in September school holidays. Sales stalled yet again.
    A lot of "Stalling" when you deal with schools.

Following the momo

Hi Percy,

I understand that schools aren't the easiest organisations to deal with. I'm just comparing what the company has told us, to what they have really delivered.

They mentioned "KneoMedia is well-placed for another quarter of significant growth", but it's obvious now that they (probably not from lack of trying) haven't been able to execute. I notice that this statement hasn't been used to sign off the latest 4C.

The story may still be the same as last year, but after seeing how it's getting executed (slower than expected), I have decided to stand back and wait for the next catalyst to kick in.

The company is valued at $77m (including options in the money) and hasn't really shown it's shareholders any money yet.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    Hi Percy,

I understand that schools aren't the easiest organisations to deal with. I'm just comparing what the company has told us, to what they have really delivered.

They mentioned "KneoMedia is well-placed for another quarter of significant growth", but it's obvious now that they (probably not from lack of trying) haven't been able to execute. I notice that this statement hasn't been used to sign off the latest 4C.

The story may still be the same as last year, but after seeing how it's getting executed (slower than expected), I have decided to stand back and wait for the next catalyst to kick in.

The company is valued at $77m (including options in the money) and hasn't really shown it's shareholders any money yet.
    I should have pointed out that the first 6 months schools have funds.Second half is difficult selling, as they have often spent their funds.
    I usually do nearly 66% of my business in the first 6 months.
    I very much doubt shareholders will see any cash for 4 or more years.
    We may see fantastic growth ,or it dies a natural death.
    Next couple of results will give us a better idea where KNM is headed.
    Last edited by percy; 31-01-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Following the momo

Sorry should have been more clearer and said "Shareholders any cash receipts"

So maybe June and July this year for the next round of seat sales :-)