sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Where have you got that detail from FD ? Do you have a link. I think many people would be very interested to see detail on this or any other policy from Labour.
    Just go to their website it is all there. Interesting no one queries the royalty paid (resource rental) to extract oil,gas, gold ,coal, and gravel but water? Dairy farming is having major effects in Canterbury and there are large numbers of multiple corparate farms. I see no reason why they should not pay for the water used to make profits.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Just go to their website it is all there. Interesting no one queries the royalty paid (resource rental) to extract oil,gas, gold ,coal, and gravel but water?
    Thats because they are essentially finite resources whereas water, generally just falls form the sky in copious quantities

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Dairy farming is having major effects in Canterbury and there are large numbers of multiple corparate farms. I see no reason why they should not pay for the water used to make profits.

westerly
    The worst polluters of the Avon River are city folk with their tyre shreds and petrol and oil on roads, washing their car suds down the drains, along with paint and any other gunk; all the fertiliser thrown on the gardens and lawns; their insistence of having loads of trees so all the leaves fall into the storm water in Autumn. Even raw sewerage. Only fair city folk should pay the same as farming folk if anything has to be aid at all.