sharetrader

Hybrid View

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    iceman, I expect them to backtrack on most of the policy manque and go forward with the export water bottlers only. There seems to be a groundswell of support for that, such as Bung the Bore. Whether that support base understands the issues is a whole other story.
    Yes exactly, just pure populism. The total amount of water exported annually as drinking water from NZ, runs under a bridge on the Waikato River in 33 seconds I read today.
    Last edited by iceman; 10-08-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yes exactly, just pure populism. The total amount of water exported as drinking water from NZ, runs under a bridge on the Waikato River every 33 seconds I read today.
    Every 33 seconds sounds like a lot of water. I thought it was very little volume as a percentage..

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Every 33 seconds sounds like a lot of water. I thought it was very little volume as a percentage..
    You got me. Corrected

Legend

You got me. Corrected
    Ah. That's better. I thought it sounded a bit haywire.

Yes exactly, just pure populism. The total amount of water exported annually as drinking water from NZ, runs under a bridge on the Waikato River in 33 seconds I read today.
    Interesting example in the context of water, tax and money going to clean waterways. As a youngster growing up beside the Waikato you did not swim in it for its filth. Only good for the occasional eel or on a stinking hot day you would risk a paddle in a backwater eddy. That was many years ago and before "blo0dy dairy farms polluting the water!!!!"