sharetrader
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 133
  1. #41
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,888

    Default

    No matter how you cut it,slice it and dice it., the water I'm charged for; you know the stuff that flows through the unmoving pipes; its a user pays system the more i use the more i pay. the more i conserve the less i pay, its a winner.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Wellington, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    No matter how you cut it,slice it and dice it., the water I'm charged for; you know the stuff that flows through the unmoving pipes; its a user pays system the more i use the more i pay. the more i conserve the less i pay, its a winner.
    There is a reason it is important whether someone is paying for costs of extraction from source, storage, treatment, reticulation, disposal or for the H2O itself. And that is once H2O is charged for separately from the supply to/from site there becomes a question of ownership. How can some body be paid for something nobody owns. Which is currently the case.

    We change that at our peril.

  3. #43
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,888

    Default

    70 % of kiwis disagree with you, think about that.

  4. #44
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    70 % of kiwis disagree with you, think about that.
    On this thread 100% disagree with you.

  5. #45
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down & out
    Posts
    3,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    On this thread 100% disagree with you.
    I suspect he is referring to a "survey" I saw somewhere recently which basically asked "do you agree to tax commercial water bottling exporters". Fairly shallow and avoids the big issue questions around this "policy".

  6. #46
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I suspect he is referring to a "survey" I saw somewhere recently which basically asked "do you agree to tax commercial water bottling exporters". Fairly shallow and avoids the big issue questions around this "policy".
    The survey was taken at a meeting run by the befuddled for the bewildered.

  7. #47
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down & out
    Posts
    3,355

    Default

    JT has surrendered to reality and truth. Not like him/her to shut up !

  8. #48
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,888

    Default

    Sorry to hold you up guys; spent a lot of time on shares today mainly in aus and had a friend around late so put on a Lawrence Arabia cd id just scored and cooked a great pasta dinner with eggplant ,spinach,olives spicy tom sauce ,avo ,mushrooms, fetta,garlic, onion fried in avo oil whilst drinking cabinet/merlot and talking about the film festival movies we have been going to. here you go, drink it in
    Majority of Kiwis back water tax even if they face higher costs, new poll ... cheers Jt
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 07-09-2017 at 10:21 PM.

  9. #49
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Sorry to hold you up guys; spent a lot of time on shares today mainly in aus and had a friend around late so put on a Lawrence Arabia cd id just scored and cooked a great pasta dinner with eggplant ,spinach,olives spicy tom sauce ,avo ,mushrooms, fetta,garlic, onion fried in avo oil whilst drinking cabinet/merlot and talking about the film festival movies we have been going to. here you go, drink it in
    Majority of Kiwis back water tax even if they face higher costs, new poll ... cheers Jt
    That's an online survey that is linked. So no real credibility to the figures provided. Self selecting etc.
    Last edited by blackcap; 08-09-2017 at 06:41 AM.

  10. #50
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That's an online survey that is linked. So no real credibility to the figures provided. Self selecting etc.
    And it still does nothing to tidy up the ownership issue. But then again, Labour doesn't like detail.

  11. #51
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,888

    Default

    Labour has started something that national doesn't have the guts to do.National would rather lie and cheat their way back rather than facing the real issues they've avoided all these long years.

    The detail will be created and worked out by the labour govt and thats the place to do it with full access to everything. I would rather a thorough and complete assessment then a shonky shallow mushroom approach as you seem to thrive on.
    The stupidity is astounding here, thank god a new broom is coming.

  12. #52
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    The detail will be created and worked out by the labour govt and thats the place to do it with full access to everything.
    Labour had 9 years with full access to whatever they wanted but still cant articulate any detail. That is incompetence.

    Unless they already know the detail but arent telling. Which is dishonest.

    Regardless of where you sit on the political spectrum your preferred party should have the broad detail in the lead up to an election.

  13. #53
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Labour had 9 years with full access to whatever they wanted but still cant articulate any detail. That is incompetence.

    Unless they already know the detail but arent telling. Which is dishonest.

    Regardless of where you sit on the political spectrum your preferred party should have the broad detail in the lead up to an election.
    You can bet your bottom dollar she already knows what she wants, and that will be what we get regardless of anyone else in Labour, or regardless of what her handpicked panel tells her.

  14. #54
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Labour has started something that national doesn't have the guts to do.National would rather lie and cheat their way back rather than facing the real issues they've avoided all these long years.

    The detail will be created and worked out by the labour govt and thats the place to do it with full access to everything. I would rather a thorough and complete assessment then a shonky shallow mushroom approach as you seem to thrive on.
    The stupidity is astounding here, thank god a new broom is coming.
    I hardly think it is me who is stupid and shonky when I raise the not so minor issue of water ownership and the taxing of it to a poster whose comprehension of the issue has been demonstrated to be minimal.

  15. #55
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,888

    Default

    Not aiming that at you personally jonu. Water use and water to use, using water.I pay a fee and thats fine.I conserve and value water more because of it. As all future payers of water use will too and the real winner here is the funds raised go back into water issues in the area its used; its so good its a winning proposition all around. Its an idea whose time has come.Im confident labour and co will thrash out the best arrangements for the whole of NZ to be proud of ,and down the track saying
    NZ IS CLEAN and GREEN ..... AGAIN!

  16. #56
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Not aiming that at you personally jonu. Water use and water to use, using water.I pay a fee and thats fine.
    Its been said before but not getting through. So AGAIN you pay a fee for the delivery - not the water!

  17. #57
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,888

    Default

    By the cube to all intents and purposes its the same and achieves the same purpose mm
    Clean and Green ....AGAIN
    Wouldn't it be great to find a way to get rid of that rock snot clogging our rivers too MM.

  18. #58
    Legend minimoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    By the cube to all intents and purposes its the same .
    For all intents and purposes they are two completely different things. And if this is the best a Labour supporter can do in understandings the difference then heaven help us if Labour gets in.

    Good luck trying to get rid of didymo - that's a hospital pass for anyone taking that one on. But lets learn shall we. The major lesson is don't let tourists in who bring this type of stuff on there shoes. And tell us who was in Govt in 2004 when Didymo was let into the country

  19. #59
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,888

    Default

    Helen sneak it in in her handbag

  20. #60
    Update Ready To Install
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    8,888

    Default

    Im optimistic mm that a way will be found to deal to rock snot in the future just as i am about stoats and ferrets being eliminated by maybe making them sterile or by some other bio/ discovery. Be great to find an alternative to 1080 which is temporary and divisive, for sure.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •