sharetrader
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Ok i omitted cubic on one post but not the others; you haven't been following the thread but stalking me Oh tiger tiger
    Mess with the Tiger and you will quickly find out on which planet he/she resides. You better hope it's not yours

IMO

Yes I'm all for supporting tigers they are on the verge of extinction; prob more in zoos now.

www.savetigersnow.org

Lots of great farmers and Irrigators; but when something is free , well you know what happens; its not valued or cared for; user pays will upskill with better more efficient, conserving ,operating with exciting new monitoring tech etct o support this e.g. drones.
    So if you like the idea of user pays, how much do you think would be fair for you to pay for your water? $1, $10, $100 per year?

IMO

I already am; but can't bothered looking for the invoice again atm.Very happy to.One estimate that our volume of water used dropped by 30% when water meters were installed.Have been through this mm.

Guru

I already am; but can't bothered looking for the invoice again atm.Very happy to.One estimate that our volume of water used dropped by 30% when water meters were installed.Have been through this mm.
    How would you suppose farmers get charged for irrigation JT? On a voluntary basis? Some bureaucracy that comes around and monitors daily? Some other method?

Jeez this is frustrating. We have been over this. You are not paying for the water, you are paying for the infrastructure.

So let me rephrase - how much more are you prepared to pay?

Jt i thought the water tax was to fund river remdiation, not to conserve water.

So many mixed messages coming from the labour camp!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Where have you got that detail from FD ? Do you have a link. I think many people would be very interested to see detail on this or any other policy from Labour.
    Just go to their website it is all there. Interesting no one queries the royalty paid (resource rental) to extract oil,gas, gold ,coal, and gravel but water? Dairy farming is having major effects in Canterbury and there are large numbers of multiple corparate farms. I see no reason why they should not pay for the water used to make profits.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Just go to their website it is all there. Interesting no one queries the royalty paid (resource rental) to extract oil,gas, gold ,coal, and gravel but water?
    Thats because they are essentially finite resources whereas water, generally just falls form the sky in copious quantities

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Dairy farming is having major effects in Canterbury and there are large numbers of multiple corparate farms. I see no reason why they should not pay for the water used to make profits.

westerly
    The worst polluters of the Avon River are city folk with their tyre shreds and petrol and oil on roads, washing their car suds down the drains, along with paint and any other gunk; all the fertiliser thrown on the gardens and lawns; their insistence of having loads of trees so all the leaves fall into the storm water in Autumn. Even raw sewerage. Only fair city folk should pay the same as farming folk if anything has to be aid at all.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Jeez this is frustrating. We have been over this. You are not paying for the water, you are paying for the infrastructure.

So let me rephrase - how much more are you prepared to pay?
    For me I'd Be happy to double the royalty no prob.