sharetrader
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Is a labour / nz first goverment now on the cards.

Im thinking maybe yes.

Its obviously a numbers game with national / act/maori/dunne not having the numbers.

And labour will give winston deputy PM

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Im thinking maybe yes.

Its obviously a numbers game with national / act/maori/dunne not having the numbers.

And labour will give winston deputy PM
    I think a Labour/Winston first govt. is now almost a certainty. With Labour in the low 20s it would have made it difficult to go with them, but now they are closing in so he can chose either without being shot down in flames. That means the next govt. will depend entirely on Winston; and his decision will depend on what he can extract for Winston. I see Labour being the highest bidder.

They will still need the Greens on current polling. That will be a problem for Mr Peters.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    They will still need the Greens on current polling. That will be a problem for Mr Peters.
    Mr Peters will sell his own mother to get deputy PM ....
    People don't have ideas, ideas have people

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Not one he can't negotiate out of the way. He'll need them for the numbers, but they won't get a look into the bauble bag. Maybe a few stale crumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Not one he can't negotiate out of the way. He'll need them for the numbers, but they won't get a look into the bauble bag. Maybe a few stale crumbs.
    I reckon MOU out the window and a new supply and confidence agreement with greens with no baubles but an agreement to pursue climate change initiatives.

Legend

I reckon MOU out the window and a new supply and confidence agreement with greens with no baubles but an agreement to pursue climate change initiatives.
    MOU ends on election day anyway, but you're bang on with the rest as a distinct possibility.

Advanced Member

Chris Trotter and tellingly Matthew Houten both predicted that on The AM show today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I think a Labour/Winston first govt. is now almost a certainty. With Labour in the low 20s it would have made it difficult to go with them, but now they are closing in so he can chose either without being shot down in flames. That means the next govt. will depend entirely on Winston; and his decision will depend on what he can extract for Winston. I see Labour being the highest bidder.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Chris Trotter and tellingly Matthew Houten both predicted that on The AM show today.
    Matthew Hooton today says Greens at risk of falling below 5% and not making it into parliament. Now that would be interesting, albeit unlikely I think

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Matthew Hooton today says Greens at risk of falling below 5% and not making it into parliament. Now that would be interesting, albeit unlikely I think
    I think it unlikely as well. 5% of the population are ratbags so they now have a Party ideally suited them.

Update Ready To Install

Lol; go fishing and don't take the water quality and the environment for granted mm; take the beauty, take the air and water and sun and feel at peace , pillage. Ratbags the people who want you to continue to support your time outs to recharge and refresh ;to stop the pollution and save our Flora and Fauna for all and force us to look at what we don't want to; the ugly embarrassing poverty trap where people who notify their gaolers are instantly dumped for two weeks for being honest and training them not to report that little extra next time or to tell Winz that they've got a small loan from a shark at 45% ( because they are so desperate to pay the exorbitant rents and feed their families)because winz will want that same amount paid back to them and make that hole of despair deeper. At least the system will be shaken out reviewed and changed now and i thank Metiria for that. Let them eat instant noodles because deep down they are ratbags and bludgers too and deserve it; yeah ratbags bludgers for sure ehhh?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Lol; go fishing and don't take the water quality and the environment for granted mm; take the beauty, take the air and water and sun and feel at peace , pillage. Ratbags the people who want you to continue to support your time outs to recharge and refresh ;to stop the pollution and save our Flora and Fauna for all and force us to look at what we don't want to; the ugly embarrassing poverty trap where people who notify their gaolers are instantly dumped for two weeks for being honest and training them not to report that little extra next time or to tell Winz that they've got a small loan from a shark at 45% ( because they are so desperate to pay the exorbitant rents and feed their families)because winz will want that same amount paid back to them and make that hole of despair deeper. At least the system will be shaken out reviewed and changed now and i thank Metiria for that. Let them eat instant noodles because deep down they are ratbags and bludgers too and deserve it; yeah ratbags bludgers for sure ehhh?
    I dont know where too start - too many muddled thoughts in that post! (And I reckon I am Greener than most of the commie ne'er do wells that remain in that useless excuse for a political Party)

Update Ready To Install

You sure don't sound like you give a stuff.Greens will survive and rebuild their votes enough to make a difference I'm sure of that but we will see; things are swinging all over the place atm.

Advanced Member

What about the corporate tax cheats and the wealthy who have fancy schemes to minimise tax where do you lump them?
    I think it unlikely as well. 5% of the population are ratbags so they now have a Party ideally suited them.

I don't know why many of you make the assumption that NZF is a left of centre party? The left leaning minority left NZF in the last poll, the remainder are right leaning.

Winston has always been more comfortable with National, it's where his roots are.

When Andrew Little presumed to speak for NZF in development of a joint anti Nat policy Winston gave him a good clip around the ears and sent him packing.

A more realistic assumtion is that NZF will go with National.

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    I don't know why many of you make the assumption that NZF is a left of centre party? The left leaning minority left NZF in the last poll, the remainder are right leaning.

Winston has always been more comfortable with National, it's where his roots are.

When Andrew Little presumed to speak for NZF in development of a joint anti Nat policy Winston gave him a good clip around the ears and sent him packing.

A more realistic assumtion is that NZF will go with National.
    Had a discussion yesterday with a life long National supporter from Clutha Southland who is convinced NZ First will take Bill English's old seat. If it does it will be the biggest electorate upset in living memeory

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Had a discussion yesterday with a life long National supporter from Clutha Southland who is convinced NZ First will take Bill English's old seat. If it does it will be the biggest electorate upset in living memeory

What did he have to say about the second coming?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Bill, lose his seat and the election for a second time. That would be something!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Bill, lose his seat and the election for a second time. That would be something!
    Keep up. It is/was Todd Barclay's seat.

Advanced Member

Not according to Chris Trotter and Matthew Houton - when was Peters last a Minister? - under Labour thats who