sharetrader
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leaders Debate

Advanced Member

Default Leaders Debate

Hosking should not be moderating this show - its ridiculous that Nationals number 1 cheerleader should pretend to be impartial - not credible 40000 people agree too!

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Hosking should not be moderating this show - its ridiculous that Nationals number 1 cheerleader should pretend to be impartial - not credible 40000 people agree too!
    Suppose not many will be bothered watching anyway so it doesn't really matter

Do they still worms or those funny meters telling us whose winning
    “What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end”

Advanced Member

The worm won United Future about 7 seats as I recall about 2002?

Update Ready To Install

What a set up. Oh well all the more power to Jacinda to show them both up.Looking forward to this; will be a decisive turning point imo.

Membaa

Farsical. Diminishes the whole thing, Hosking is all opinion, one sided at that. He's lost the power of independent broadcast journalism. Very poor decision to have him moderate the Leaders debate.

TVNZ: Remove Mike Hosking as presenter for 2017 Election Debates https://www.change.org/p/tvnz-remove...on=stepper_psf

Remove Mike Hosking as election debate moderator https://www.change.org/p/tvnz-remove...bate-moderator

Get Rid of Hosking

https://www.change.org/p/tvnz-get-ri...9-7fe0a5dba42b
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 12-08-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Guru

Having already made up my mind who to vote for I don't see the need to watch the debate. It is only put on for entertainment purposes. Besides I don't have a working TV so it makes it easy.

Update Ready To Install

Wow you're a closed book 777 thats really sad.

So who else should do it. My vote would got to Sir Bob Jones

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    So who else should do it. My vote would got to Sir Bob Jones
    Lockwood Smith. Quiz master of old so very used to TV. Extremely fair and super sharp speaker of the house, and will have his head around current politcal matters.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I am quite sure that you also know who you are going to vote for, and in your case it's certainly sad.

Guru

No it's not sad. I can make my decision having watched the parties over the last 50 years. Sure changes have happened over the years but I take that into account.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    No it's not sad. I can make my decision having watched the parties over the last 50 years. Sure changes have happened over the years but I take that into account.
    No. You should be totally open minded, exactly like Joshua tree. LOL.

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I ask you to just keep listening to all the parties policies and make your decision closer to the election when they've all been explained and debated clearly and take it into account then. Admire you not having a TV.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 13-08-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Update Ready To Install

75,000 people and rising have voted against Hoskins taking the debate , vote folks for a fair debate. Head of TVNZ doesn't give a stuff saying a million viewers watched last time. Thats all that matters to him, but he did say he was keeping an open mind which means the more votes against this the better. We want an even playing field although I'm sure jacinda can deal to hoskings like she did to richardson.ZB also streaming it. Think hoskins should be dropkicked to North Korea where his bias will be more appreciated.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 13-08-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Farsical. Diminishes the whole thing, Hosking is all opinion, one sided at that. He's lost the power of independent broadcast journalism. Very poor decision to have him moderate the Leaders debate.

TVNZ: Remove Mike Hosking as presenter for 2017 Election Debates https://www.change.org/p/tvnz-remove...on=stepper_psf

Remove Mike Hosking as election debate moderator https://www.change.org/p/tvnz-remove...bate-moderator

Get Rid of Hosking

https://www.change.org/p/tvnz-get-ri...9-7fe0a5dba42b
    Thanks baaBaa wasn't aware of this. Have voted for a fair debate and shared on facebook.

Advanced Member

Why worry, any bias by Hosking would only backfire. Anyone being nasty to poor little Jucinda will meet the wrath of the people.
    National will need to tread very carefully as any any attempt at negative campign tactics will fall flat this time round. They Cant even turn their guns on Winston.

Guru

I ask you to just keep listening to all the parties policies and make your decision closer to the election when they've all been explained and debated clearly and take it into account then. Admire you not having a TV.
    I have one but it needs fixing or replacing.

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Why worry, any bias by Hosking would only backfire. Anyone being nasty to poor little Jucinda will meet the wrath of the people.
    National will need to tread very carefully as any any attempt at negative campign tactics will fall flat this time round. They Cant even turn their guns on Winston.
    Hoskings has been around the political traps for a long time ; used to report on it. He's very subtle and slippery; drops innuendos and normalises his opinion ,the self appointed spokesman for whats good for NZ (himself ). Often his last one liner is when he gives it all away e.g.,"we will see" in just the right tone.National have been very careful; hey they've got joyce to advise them and prob crosby/textor still .

Dilettante

Many years ago I liked Hosking. Not any more. He is now more interested in being the news than reporting the news. I'd like Simon Dallow to moderate the Leaders Debate

Advanced Member

I'm confident Jacinda can handle herself but Hoskings attitude is that someone has to be the moderator so it may as well be me (actually I heard him say it the other day ) and that irks me - its time that his ego got the kicking it deserves Simon Dallow would be ideal
    Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post