sharetrader
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: sharesies.nz

Hybrid View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Sharesies no good for trading though unless they can offer live depth charts.
    Agreed, and no good if you want to vote at AGM's and other events at this stage. But once they allow limit orders it may be a game changer.

Guru

Just purchased 411.157 shares in PGW at $2.42. A $1,000 order and the "brokerage or commission" was only $5.

Link to full explanation of custodial service:

https://www.sharesies.nz/ourblog/201...todial-service

NZX advise that volume has increased four times since a while back.
    Their website says they did $38.8 billion last year. which is only 100 mill per day
    They say in a video that they did 1.3 billion last week.
    I see Sharesies announced they did a record 80 million in a week.
    If Sharesies are creating significan transactional volume increases , on only 80M a turnover week then they should be pushed to the side of the road. That is less than 20% value on a normal week. But it will only be 5% of the increased volume so they are a piddle in the bucket and yet are stuffing up the system.

BBMP
    Bring Back Minimum Parcel sizes (honestly its not that much)
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Wow. So much bitterness. You’re the 2 year old who doesn’t want to share the playground.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    If Sharesies are creating significant transactional volume increases , on only 80M a turnover week then they should be pushed to the side of the road. That is less than 20% value on a normal week. But it will only be 5% of the increased volume so they are a piddle in the bucket and yet are stuffing up the system.

BBMP
    Bring Back Minimum Parcel sizes (honestly its not that much)
    Last edited by justakiwi; 22-04-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Wow. So much bitterness. You’re the 2 year old who doesn’t want to share the playground.
    No I'm not bitter but its finance not tiddlywinks.

I have followed your posts and fully applaud your investing and the strategy and totally agree that diversification is important for any portfolio
    but even you aren't buying 3 shares or 27 shares you're buying small parcels that cost $500 minimum and that's totally cool.
    I bought my first bond from Northern Territory Australia for $A500 - that was the minimum size and still wasn't worthwhile when I took exchange costs into account.

There must have been a reason for a minimum parcel and now we know what it was.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

No I'm not bitter but its finance not tiddlywinks.

I have followed your posts and fully applaud your investing and the strategy and totally agree that diversification is important for any portfolio
    but even you aren't buying 3 shares or 27 shares you're buying small parcels that cost $500 minimum and that's totally cool.
    I bought my first bond from Northern Territory Australia for $A500 - that was the minimum size and still wasn't worthwhile when I took exchange costs into account.

There must have been a reason for a minimum parcel and now we know what it was.
    I tend to disagree with you on this one Peat. Technology has allowed the minimum parcel sizes to be redundant. I too used to know the term "odd lot".
    Unfortunately it is the NZX that is not up to the party here trying to run a modern system on old hard/software. The NZX have made Sharesies a market participant. More fool them if they did not see the enthusiasm that the ordinary folk had for investing in shares and being able to make their own balanced portfolios with minimal $.
    I am in the process of making my own index fund, which I will manage and invest in on my own behalf. Now with Sharesies it is possible to do something like that even with a portfolio value of even say $25k. In the past it would have been prohibitive.

Mmmm .... I have no idea why you think that, but no I am not.

Prior to covoid I was investing $40 a week, split between 4 holdings. One of which is USF. So every week I was buying 1 point something of a USF share, and varying small amounts of my other holdings. Lately, I have not been making regular weekly orders but buying here and there as funds permit, if I think there is some value in buying. Yesterday I bought 30 something shares.

Which, as far as I am concerned, is also “totally cool.”

Last edited by justakiwi; 22-04-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Another personal attack, why do you not stick to the issues?
    Last edited by ratkin; 23-04-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Guru

Are now offering live market depth for the price of $10 per month. That seems very reasonable.