sharetrader

Default Peter Dunne - gone

Yet another intertesting twist.

Update Ready To Install

Yes 4 leaders now gone! Sure is an interesting election.

Advanced Member

So the Nats must of been worried to get PD to step aside now they will have to do an almighty backflip to try and shore up support for the no name Nat MP who's been hiding in the shadows
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    So the Nats must of been worried to get PD to step aside now they will have to do an almighty backflip to try and shore up support for the no name Nat MP who's been hiding in the shadows
    Im getting me a Sh1t Umbrella as the bricks from National are going to start raining down.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I'm sure he and Andrea Vance will be very happy together :-)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Good riddance to bad rubbish. I'm sure he and Andrea Vance will be very happy together :-)
    Opens the door for Misery guts O'Connor. He'll almost certainly end up in parliament now; in opposition I hope. He'll complete the trio of dismals with Parker and Twyford.

Trying to get outta here

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Opens the door for Misery guts O'Connor. He'll almost certainly end up in parliament now; in opposition I hope. He'll complete the trio of dismals with Parker and Twyford.
    That Trinity would be enough to send most into a bout of depression.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Maybe Greg the O'C gets the popular vote but Ohariu will give the Party vote to National for sure, so here's how it probably ends up: National - Party vote and Brett Hudson stays as a List MP (status quo), Labour - gets an MP with no teeth in opposition (quietly satisfying but ineffective). Personally, I reckon the Ohariu electorate could surprise by backing Brett Hudson for the Member and Party vote, they're blue as blue and Brett is a good guy, a hard worker, erudite and effective. The cards have played for Brett to step up with Nationals full backing, a breath of fresh air, I like the guy a lot, he spoke honestly, respectfully and with energy and enthusiasm tonight on RNZ. A good choice albeit not my electorate or he'd get my vote for sure.

Party Vote Ohariu in 2014

NAT 18,810 LAB 8,771 GR 5,623

Dunne only had a majority of 710 over Labour so the writing was on the wall back then
    “What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end”

Maybe a bit tough on the man, but when the going got tough looks like he got going. Happy to take the baubles when sweetheart deals had a return. But not prepared to tough it out and loose gracefully.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Maybe a bit tough on the man, but when the going got tough looks like he got going. Happy to take the baubles when sweetheart deals had a return. But not prepared to tough it out and loose gracefully.
    Yeah, probably a bit tough on the man minimoke, Dunne always has been a pragmatist, not surprising he see's the tide change and pulls the plug. Why go through a humiliating defeat when the inevitable seems apparent, good on him, make way for the new blood. Maybe J.Key saw this as well? Get out gracefully, leave the battle to the new incumbents. Certainly is an interesting election battle, first for more than a decade.

Update Ready To Install

Yep Key bailed seeing the hospital pass he has created for the nats. Got a knighthood thrown in too lol.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yep Key bailed seeing the hospital pass he has created for the nats. Got a knighthood thrown in too lol.
    Hospital pass ? Polling mid 40s and personal popularity higher than any PM before him after 8 years at the helm !! Some would say that is pretty good

Update Ready To Install

He could see hs policies backfiring after he had picked all the low hung fruit(not avocados btw) by
    increasing the population with immigration. Now look at all the problems emerging. His sepia legacy,"the guy who tried to change the flag and blew it".
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 22-08-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Personally, I reckon the Ohariu electorate could surprise by backing Brett Hudson for the Member and Party vote, they're blue as blue and Brett is a good guy, a hard worker, erudite and effective. The cards have played for Brett to step up with Nationals full backing, a breath of fresh air, I like the guy a lot, he spoke honestly, respectfully and with energy and enthusiasm tonight on RNZ. A good choice albeit not my electorate or he'd get my vote for sure.
    It will be intersting. Labour shouldnt assume his votes will go to oconnor. Though i would have thought the electorate more red than blue.

Advanced Member

A month out from the election Dunne sniffs the wind and bails. Sums him up. The thing that really grates is the baubles of office he gets to keep on his pension. I read that Ohariu party vote went to National last time. If that stays he is no real loss to National. Good riddance

Update Ready To Install

I heard that Dunnes bowtie was being cut out from his election sign hoardings
    Labour have avery good chance there, a tide of change is sweeping through the country imo.