sharetrader

Hybrid View

Permanent Newbie

Hard to believe I would agree with David Seymour on anything but there you go. I am surprised the party for the rich does not like centrally controlled monetary policy as it has done so well for the well off for so many decades. Nice to think ideological beliefs extend to policies that don't favour his voter base.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp
    Last edited by Aaron; 12-11-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hard to believe I would agree with David Seymour on anything but there you go. I am surprised the party for the rich does not like centrally controlled monetary policy as it has done so well for the well off for so many decades. Nice to think ideological beliefs extend to policies that don't favour his voter base.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...?ocid=msedgntp
    Act is not 'the party for the rich'. They are a party for NZ'ers, although unlike the Greens and labour, they are not against the rich.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Act is not 'the party for the rich'. They are a party for NZ'ers, although unlike the Greens and labour, they are not against the rich.
    Stop talking s*it FP I explained earlier in this thread how ACTs flat tax proposal would work in reality. Maybe you really don't understand as I don't recall you answering all my quiz questions.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Stop talking s*it FP I explained earlier in this thread how ACTs flat tax proposal would work in reality. Maybe you really don't understand as I don't recall you answering all my quiz questions.
    For a kick-off, Act does not have a flat tax proposal. They propose a 3 stage progressive tax, with the top rate remaining at 33%. I don't know what you said about the flat tax proposal, but I'd be all for it as long as it was percentage based, i.e. the more you earn the more you paid. I certainly understand flat taxes, both amount and percentage systems. I consider a flat tax with a fixed percentage is the fairest system. You may not - that's fine.

Permanent Newbie

Even ex members from the party of the lower middle class agree with David Seymour

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...michael-cullen

Although Adrian Orr points out house prices are not in his mandate all he is doing is ensuring he meets his employment target. To deny responsibility for a large part of the rising price of houses seems a bit of a stretch though.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...med-at-housing

Scary to think Adrian Orr doesn't appreciate the effect low interest rates and money printing will have on asset prices. or that he doesn't care about it as it is not part of his mandate. Maybe Adrian needs to read the first lines on the Reserve Bank website.

manages monetary policy to maintain price stability, promotes the maintenance of a sound and efficient financial system, and supplies New Zealand banknotes and coins.

Do rampant house prices and asset bubbles maintain price stability??? does it promote the maintenance of a sound and efficient financial system??? I am not smart enough to know but I guess Adrian could say "well every other central bank in the developed world is doing the same thing, why shouldn't we"
    Last edited by Aaron; 17-11-2020 at 09:48 AM. Reason: a bit rich for me to suggest someone is dumb