sharetrader
Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1287
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Lots of people don’t agree with David Seymour even though he says there's not different world views. Other people are just wrong he reckons.

Disruption and division: Seymour denies using beneficiaries, Māori as political punching bag (msn.com)

The political discourse is divided but Seymour says that's nothing to do with him.
    "I don't take responsibility for the actions of other people that are wrong."
    But he did of course double down on his co-governance schtick and pitched his referendum on the Treaty.
    "We all matter," he said. "This country deserves a say on what the Treaty means."
    He also pedalled Don Brash lines.
    "Only one party stands on this principle of one Kiwi, one vote," Seymour said.
    He also suggested people are being forced to use te reo Māori.
    "The way to turn a treasure into a form of torture is to impose it on people by force, perhaps with the very best of intentions."
    Seymour went for broke on the race debate whipping it up as the one issue on which to launch his campaign.
    Labour are the ones who started to implement co-governance and ‘de-colonisation’ and ‘re-indigenisation’ here with no genuine mandate to do so. So the same thing is being done by Leftists in Canada and Australia. People are tired of the gaslighting of the Left. Labour will pay for this at the election.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    ACT housing policy not my favourite, my concern here would low quality social outcomes because developers bear no responsibility here (incl. Kainga Ora).
    Also what's going to stop insurers from ending up taking the same position as Councils and refusing to insure for "innovative design and materials"?
    Opting out of building consent - welcome to shanty towns. NZ’s transition to Third World status would be complete courtesy of ACT.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Opting out of building consent - welcome to shanty towns. NZ’s transition to Third World status would be complete courtesy of ACT.
    Yeah, nah. ‘Shanty towns’? Good grief, the amount of exaggeration and scaremongering that goes on when it comes to ACT just shows how worried the Left are that Seymour will wind back their ‘woke’ agenda

Permanent Newbie

Thanks for the reply Moka can't give any more good rep yet.

If you haven't voted in my election poll, please do.

Guru

Just a message for any Left wing bots out there trying like mad to turn things around for Labour:

“Whatever we say, whatever we do, the polls just aren’t changing”.
    - Katie Bradford

Did you really need to post this? This kind of judgemental comment is no doubt why nobody is willing to tick the Labour box on the poll. I set it up because I genuinely wanted to get a real indication of how people here, are planning to vote. We know there are people here who will vote Labour. I want them to participate in the poll too, so quit with the intimidation.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Just a message for any Left wing bots out there trying like mad to turn things around for Labour:

“Whatever we say, whatever we do, the polls just aren’t changing”.
    - Katie Bradford

Why would anyone feel intimidated? It's an anonymous poll.
    Maybe they already have

Because there is always at least one douchebag who is likely to post a judgmental comment.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    Why would anyone feel intimidated? It's an anonymous poll.
    Maybe they already have

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    True, but I don’t live in the US and as I said, I have nothing to hide, no agenda, and literally nothing that any government would be even remotely interested in. What is it that governments are supposed to be looking for? How exactly are they attempting to “gain control over us?” I can’t speak for the US government, but the idea that global governments are banding together to “take control” of the human race, is ridiculous.
    Have you not heard of "Five Eyes"?