sharetrader
Page 102 of 129 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1287

Actually, I have but in a completely different scenario. Not sure if it is still a "thing" now as I not worked in the area for some years, but it is a terminology used in child protection services. Agencies aim to ensure there are five sets of "eyes" on vulnerable children - schools, Plunket, family members, GPs, and/or any other people or agencies involved with the family.

Not what you were referring to of course

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    Have you not heard of "Five Eyes"?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Actually, I have but in a completely different scenario. Not sure if it is still a "thing" now as I not worked in the area for some years, but it is a terminology used in child protection services. Agencies aim to ensure there are five sets of "eyes" on vulnerable children - schools, Plunket, family members, GPs, and/or any other people or agencies involved with the family.

I haven't heard of that - but that's something to be proud of! :-)

Guru

Did you really need to post this? This kind of judgemental comment is no doubt why nobody is willing to tick the Labour box on the poll. I set it up because I genuinely wanted to get a real indication of how people here, are planning to vote. We know there are people here who will vote Labour. I want them to participate in the poll too, so quit with the intimidation.
    I'm not trying to indimidate anyone. I'm stating that when the national political polls are so consistently indicating the levels of support that they currently do, they usually do not change to any significant degree. So all the commenting, debates, and politiking is basically a complete waste of time at that macro level.

How does my comment to the poll you are running with a small group of people on a share chat site? How did I 'intimidate' anyone? I'm not commenting in that thread, I'm commenting in the ACT thread!
    There is a problem here with people failling at comprehension and then flying off the handle!

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    I'm not trying to indimidate anyone. I'm stating that when the national political polls are so consistently indicating the levels of support that they currently do, they usually do not change to any significant degree. So all the commenting, debates, and politiking is basically a complete waste of time at that macro level.

How does my comment to the poll you are running with a small group of people on a share chat site? How did I 'intimidate' anyone? I'm not commenting in that thread, I'm commenting in the ACT thread!
    There is a problem here with people failling at comprehension and then flying off the handle!
    Why would anyone be intimidated indeed?

This is a Share Trader/Share Investment site so it is hardly surprising that the voting will be slanted towards the right/centre parties.

It is also a fact that the numbers of undecideds or refusing to partake in the polls remain high (>10%) so there is scope yet for a swing either way.

Meanwhile, one senses that the majority of NZers have had a gutsful of the politicking out there and just want a change after 6 years of non delivery of huge promises.

Thats great. Does it also apply to Oranga Tamariki? The media report just the bad situations and not the good outcomes but there does seem to be many kids that fall between the cracks.

I misinterpreted your comment. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post

I have not worked there for about six years now, but it did apply back then, so I assume it still does.

You are right. The media always hooks into the negative, when it comes to child protection, but seldom reports the success stories. There were many.

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    Thats great. Does it also apply to Oranga Tamariki? The media report just the bad situations and not the good outcomes but there does seem to be many kids that fall between the cracks.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Why would anyone be intimidated indeed?

This is a Share Trader/Share Investment site so it is hardly surprising that the voting will be slanted towards the right/centre parties.

It is also a fact that the numbers of undecideds or refusing to partake in the polls remain high (>10%) so there is scope yet for a swing either way.

Meanwhile, one senses that the majority of NZers have had a gutsful of the politicking out there and just want a change after 6 years of non delivery of huge promises.

We usually here about the ‘undecideds’ as going to be a significant factor, but when push comes to shove I can’t think of a single election where the polls were unable to pick up where the election was headed, except perhaps the Jim Bolger “bugger the pollsters” one.

The ‘undecideds’ are probably people who either won’t vote, or are tossing up between National / ACT or Labour / Green. Their votes seem to get spread around pretty uniformly each election.

Guru

I misinterpreted your comment. My apologies.
    No problem.

Just watched the Intrastructure debate and found it quite interesting and helpful. The ACT guy, Simon Court is a very good speaker. Funnily enough, out of all the speakers, I found Simon and James Shaw the most convincing.

Which is a little worrying