sharetrader
Page 105 of 129 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1287
    Guru

I tactically voted green last election because I was afraid they would go below the threshold and make Aunt Judy our PM in the middle of an international crisis.

Though labour very much overperformed during that election.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Who would know - Hipkins says he won't work with Peters, and I believe that bit.
    Hipkins will not work with Winston - unless that is his only option of retaining power. I think Labour is going to be hammered and the question of whether chippie would work with Winston will remain a hypothetical question only.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    I tactically voted green last election because I was afraid they would go below the threshold and make Aunt Judy our PM in the middle of an international crisis.

Though labour very much overperformed during that election.
    Agreed. The problem is that they consistently underperformed since election day ;

But I made last time the same mistake as you - I voted Green (though for other reasons - I do care for the environment) and I will this time not give my vote to anybody who would just help Labour to continue on their disastrous path.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

At the minor debate Winston and David admitted they could work together if needed.

NZ is gonna be OK
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    At the minor debate Winston and David admitted they could work together if needed.

NZ is gonna be OK
    'Till Winston starts being Winston.

As was suggested - new poll for the next seven days is here:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?12751-POLL-Election-poll-3-weeks-till-election

ACT’s welfare policy includes Electronic Income Management for some beneficiaries, which means that the case manager can see how the person is spending their money and it allows “honest conversations.” Some people might agree that beneficiaries should be monitored, but will those same people be happy if their spending is monitored? Introducing it for beneficiaries is a first step to get the systems up and running for close monitoring of a group of people. And it seems to me to be a slippery slope.

Do we want social credit scoring in NZ?

https://www.act.org.nz/act-welcomes-nats-welfare-move

Secondly, ACT would use technology. ACT would back up sanctions with Electronic Income Management. We need to stop giving people money for nothing. If you haven't found a job after 17-weeks, your benefit comes in the form of a payment card.

“Electronic Income Management gives case managers real teeth. It means they can see how the person is spending their money in real time, on a Government issued card. It allows honest conversations between case managers and beneficiaries.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    ACT’s welfare policy includes Electronic Income Management for some beneficiaries, which means that the case manager can see how the person is spending their money and it allows “honest conversations.” Some people might agree that beneficiaries should be monitored, but will those same people be happy if their spending is monitored? Introducing it for beneficiaries is a first step to get the systems up and running for close monitoring of a group of people. And it seems to me to be a slippery slope.

Do we want social credit scoring in NZ?

https://www.act.org.nz/act-welcomes-nats-welfare-move

Secondly, ACT would use technology. ACT would back up sanctions with Electronic Income Management. We need to stop giving people money for nothing. If you haven't found a job after 17-weeks, your benefit comes in the form of a payment card.

“Electronic Income Management gives case managers real teeth. It means they can see how the person is spending their money in real time, on a Government issued card. It allows honest conversations between case managers and beneficiaries.
    Accepting a benefit from taxpayers should come with some obligations.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    And so say most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    I had a similar argument at a corner neighbourly meet with the National representative. I was knocking heads in saying that the approach to social housing in NZ is wrong and inefficient. In a similar manner, those in gov't housing 'should NOT' have the benefit of wanting a large back yard, easy access to amenities, and basically a fully detached dwelling. I was explaining it's far more efficient to house them in high density apartment living where there's closer monitoring of their activities. If you look at the Rotorua case, the new social housings there where ever they built, created increase rates of crime. Why? Because no one is policing or monitoring them. One lady in response told me, "That's not how we do things and this is NZ, not like other countries".