sharetrader
Page 111 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1287

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I was originally really bothered by the ACT proposal to expand elecronic surveillance of beneficiaries by issuing their benefit in the form of a card that would allow their case managers to breach their privacy and monitor the details of the way they spend their miserable benefits. I suggested they extend that proposal to monitor their calls and texts as well.

I threw in lots of the tropes, putdowns and prejudices slapped on beneficiaries by many posters on here who's knowledge of the reality of many beneficiary's lives is limited to "something they heard" or "someone who knows". While I was on a roll, I also addressed a proposal to house them in "concentration high rises" (yup -I was dogwhistling).

I was really surprised, given my posting history on this and many other threads, to find that at least some people took my posts as serious rather than satire.

I don't really eat children (well - not often).
    You played it so well Davflaws. I don't really know your posting history so had to read twice to see if it was just another nasty post in line with some on here or it was a wind up. And I thought, surely no one is that callous. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    He doesn't discriminate between Maori and Pakeha children in his dietary requirements. Can't be fairer than that.
    Post of the day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    You played it so well Davflaws. I don't really know your posting history so had to read twice to see if it was just another nasty post in line with some on here or it was a wind up. And I thought, surely no one is that callous.
    It wasn't satire when the pair of you laughed at and belittled my experience with two people who took their own lives.

I was originally really bothered by the ACT proposal to expand elecronic surveillance of beneficiaries by issuing their benefit in the form of a card that would allow their case managers to breach their privacy and monitor the details of the way they spend their miserable benefits. I suggested they extend that proposal to monitor their calls and texts as well.

I threw in lots of the tropes, putdowns and prejudices slapped on beneficiaries by many posters on here who's knowledge of the reality of many beneficiary's lives is limited to "something they heard" or "someone who knows". While I was on a roll, I also addressed a proposal to house them in "concentration high rises" (yup -I was dogwhistling).

I was really surprised, given my posting history on this and many other threads, to find that at least some people took my posts as serious rather than satire.

I don't really eat children (well - not often).
    Fair enough. Good to have the old davflaws back.

Its just - satire is very hard to convey through textbase media ... better be frugal using that.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    It wasn't satire when the pair of you laughed at and belittled my experience with two people who took their own lives.
    Stop making things up.
    I have already asked you to show me where I laughed or belittled your "experience" and you couldn't, because it didn't happen.

Playing the victim for something that wasn't even posted is devious & pathetic.

Banned

Stop making things up.
    I have already asked you to show me where I laughed or belittled your "experience" and you couldn't, because it didn't happen.

Playing the victim for something that wasn't even posted is devious & pathetic.
    Why are you putting experience in quotes: "experience" ?

So you are just skimming over the fact that you made the accusation up and that you are using a tragedy to somehow try and score points.
    What sort of person does that.

Banned

So you are just skimming over the fact that you made the accusation up and that you are using a tragedy to somehow try and score points.
    What sort of person does that.
    I'm not trying to score points at all. You are a sociopath, and people can just read what you wrote, starts from here:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...25#post1022404

And you did it again; more disrespect, more belittling; answer this:

Permanent Newbie

ACT the party to quote from their website.

advocating for expanded personal freedom and responsibility.

Yeah Right grab me a Tui.

I'm not trying to score points at all. You are a sociopath, and people can just read what you wrote, starts from here:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...25#post1022404

And you did it again; more disrespect, more belittling; answer this:

Because I am quoting you. Doh!

Banned

Because I am quoting you. Doh!
    No that's BS - and you know it. Those are air quotes. You're suggesting there is no experience.