sharetrader
Page 115 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1287
    Advanced Member

Is the inference the gent in the photo is on the wrong side of the tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Is the inference the gent in the photo is on the wrong side of the tracks?
    He’s the home invader according to Tamihere and the Maori Party.

Scary huh?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I don't really want to get drawn into this pity debate about race-baiting, but not quite sure which point you want to make with your foto.

I understand NZ Police is processing a person for home invasion into the house of a young woman who happens to be a Te Pati candidate. I have no clue whether this was the person on the foto, but if it was, what exactly is your point?

Are you saying NZ Police has got the wrong guy?

or are you saying NZ Police has got the right guy, but it is not this person and its Te Patis fault?

And whats the point of the foto anyway? Do you believe one can judge from a foto whether a person is a home invader or not? Crooks come in all colours, shapes, genders and forms - and even Donald Trump could be just a nice granddad, if a photo of him is the only thing you've got.

Confusing ;
    You are definitely confused. I don't know why you "understand the NZ police is processing a person for home invasion".

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    You are definitely confused. I don't know why you "understand the NZ police is processing a person for home invasion".
    Well, I understand that because this is what they said when they first talked about it in the news, but who knows, maybe NZ Police or the news are confused ?

So - what was the point of the foto? Is balance claiming it was the house invader ... or not?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL2210/S00004/on-why-new-zealand-isnt-heavily-taxed.htm

We also happen to be living in an era of right wing populism. Having an integrated persona and a coherent policy platform is not seen as much of a political priority. So long as the candidate can regularly land somewhere along the spectrum of existing grievances confirmed by focus group research, the inconsistency between those landing points won’t be much of a disqualifying factor.

The problem for the rest of us with the micro-targeting of grievances by National and ACT, is that this strategy to get elected does not include sustainable alternatives.

That’s the problem with populism. It is all about pandering to grievances, not solutions. It fosters division, not unity.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL2210/S00004/on-why-new-zealand-isnt-heavily-taxed.htm

We also happen to be living in an era of right wing populism. Having an integrated persona and a coherent policy platform is not seen as much of a political priority. So long as the candidate can regularly land somewhere along the spectrum of existing grievances confirmed by focus group research, the inconsistency between those landing points won’t be much of a disqualifying factor.

The problem for the rest of us with the micro-targeting of grievances by National and ACT, is that this strategy to get elected does not include sustainable alternatives.

That’s the problem with populism. It is all about pandering to grievances, not solutions. It fosters division, not unity.
    Exactly what Ardern, Hipkins and this useless Labour government have been doing since 2017 - pandering to racist & divisive groups for their votes.

Roll on October 14th.
    Last edited by Balance; 09-10-2023 at 07:25 PM.

Tax rates only tell half of the story. For eg in Australia and Canada both have a personal exemption limit before income taxes kick in, so you really just can't use the lowest or highest marginal tax figure. You really need to question why so many of the skilled have (and continue) to leave NZ for Australia? I left Canada for NZ because at the time, the political environment in Canada was toxic (much like what we are seeing now in NZ) ; in addition NZ having more habitable climate so I can enjoy my cars year round (vs Canada's extreme cold winters which would make using classic and sports cars maybe 4 months of the year).

What's worse: (1) dividing people by the colour of their skin (or 1/32nd the colour of their skin); (2) dividing people by tax rates, with higher earnings already paying more as a proportion and more as a total.

"It fosters division, not unity."

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Exactly what Ardern, Hipkins and this useless Labour government have been doing since 2017 - pandering to racist & divisive groups for their votes.

Roll on October 14th.
    True - Labours policies have been as populist and useless as NZF's / ACT's and Nationals policies are now. Question is just - what do we gain by replacing one useless populist with another useless populist? Maybe we should throw the whole lot out of parliament ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)