sharetrader
Page 122 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1287
    Permanent Newbie

Whoa Whoa, where is all this nastiness coming from?

I was just trying to help out someone who appeared to be struggling with reading comprehension or repressed homosexual urges and I am getting attacked by Seymour fanboys because I am trying to help.

Perhaps they do not understand the conceptive of thinking about someone other than yourself.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    We all know David Seymour is a massive c0ck,
    Of course, we will all have our opinions on various things.

But I don't think this kind of personal attack is warranted.

Though I may not agree with every single view David has, I think he is a good man who is doing a really good job representing the Libertarian voice.

He is also doing a good job representing the voice of a great many NZers who are not necessarily 'Libertarian' as such but do feel that all sorts of things have gone too far, and that we are on the wrong track.

The fact that Labour's share of the vote crashed to 26% speaks for itself. In the meantime David has dramatically increased the Party Vote for ACT.

Only 100 days in govt and the media have literally attacked every single thing they have done, desperately trying to find any slip ups to be able to take down individuals. But all this is doing (along with comments like "We all know David Seymour is a massive cock") are only reaffirming in the minds of the majority of voters that thank Christ we got the last lot out of government.

Everyone needs to just settle down. By all means debate the merits (or not) of any given policy. But the ad hominem attacks being hurled around achieve nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

Though I may not agree with every single view David has, I think he is a good man who is doing a really good job representing the Libertarian voice.

He is also doing a good job representing the voice of a great many NZers who are not necessarily 'Libertarian' as such but do feel that all sorts of things have gone too far, and that we are on the wrong track.

The fact that Labour's share of the vote crashed to 26% speaks for itself. In the meantime David has dramatically increased the Party Vote for ACT.

Only 100 days in govt and the media have literally attacked every single thing they have done, desperately trying to find any slip ups to be able to take down individuals. But all this is doing (along with comments like "We all know David Seymour is a massive cock") are only reaffirming in the minds of the majority of voters that thank Christ we got the last lot out of government.

Everyone needs to just settle down. By all means debate the merits (or not) of any given policy. But the ad hominem attacks being hurled around achieve nothing.
    Good post. Some of the posters on here need to clean up their act as the barrage of insults and lurid comments are just tedious.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

https://youtu.be/Z6wW2Z0_SJM

100 days of ACT in 100 seconds.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 09-03-2024 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    https://youtu.be/Z6wW2Z0_SJM

100 days of ACT in 100 seconds.
    Copying Jacinda Ardern's marketing speil I see.
    Starting something isn't achieving anything.
    Some good things scrapped, some not good.

Putting back in place the 3 month trial in favour of employers could have a significant impact on the movement of labour.
    Do you move from a secure job and take that risk?
    If you are relocating, what banks are going to lend to a home buyer under a 3 month probational period?

Legend

100 day of Chippie & the Comrades still trying to work out what happened and how many was still
    onboard the Little Red submarine

Meanwhile the caterers prepare for the next sausage roll dash and frantically toil away at how many multiples the tea donation would need to be increased to throw at the depleted party coffers, after many of the 'tea, roll & mingle with senior holes' patrons had run away
    Last edited by nztx; 09-03-2024 at 03:42 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Something me and the ACT party agree on.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...00ae4d242&ei=6

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Something me and the ACT party agree on.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...00ae4d242&ei=6
    Me do too.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Me do too.
    Me have to agree with Seymour completely on this one too.

Permanent Newbie

David back to being a d*ck.

Swarbrick added the Government's policy comes after IRD and Treasury said last year that the wealthiest Kiwis' effective tax rate is less than half of middle New Zealand.

But Seymour was quick to hit back at Swarbrick's comments.

"This is what I mean by demonising people and this is what I mean by the politics of envy, that's my challenge to Chlöe is to stop doing that," he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...6a532fe7&ei=47

Pointing out that those with a lot of wealth effectively pay half of what everyone else does in tax, hardly seems like demonising anyone. Actually it highlights an issue that could be adjusted to make NZ a fairer place. It puts some perspective on the issues around taxation and pertinent to the issue they were discussing.