sharetrader
Page 47 of 129 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    If Luxon uses China for infrastructure, that would make him a traitor in my books. The man is detestable, that would make it that much more.
    Incredible that he doubled down on the possibility of Chinese funding infrastructure.
    The US & Australia will be infuriated.
    Dumb, dumb, dumb!
    Luxon's election to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Incredible that he doubled down on the possibility of Chinese funding infrastructure.
    The US & Australia will be infuriated.
    Dumb, dumb, dumb!
    Luxon's election to lose.
    What’s wrong with using China funding for much needed infrastructure upgrade in NZ?

How much time have you got? Actually nah, someone else can enlighten you. I don't need the stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What’s wrong with using China funding for much needed infrastructure upgrade in NZ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    National claim its $10Bln, a curious number considering it matches their own fiscal hole in funding that China might fill. No strings attached...
    He obviously thinks we are third world.

Debt diplomacy NZ edition - sell auckland port for payment.

Guru

I don’t want NZ taking loan money from the CCP. Would be an absolutely crazy move, IMO. Seymour says he’d stop that move, has also said categorically that he won’t work with Winston First. These pronouncements will appeal to many voters on the right who won’t just agree with everything Luxon says out of knee-jerk tribalism. I predict ACT will do very well at this election.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    He obviously thinks we are third world.

Debt diplomacy NZ edition - sell auckland port for payment.
    Labour have been us well on the road to 3rd world status, but the solution is not to turn to the CCP.
    Luxon has been painted into a corner by a Labour government keen to see him swallow as many dead rats as possible. The latest colossal dead rat is a $4.4 billion pay settlement for teachers. The PREFU will be interesting, will show how our finances are falling into a sinkhole while Labour continues to ramp up spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    I don’t want NZ taking loan money from the CCP. Would be an absolutely crazy move, IMO. Seymour says he’d stop that move, has also said categorically that he won’t work with Winston First. These pronouncements will appeal to many voters on the right who won’t just agree with everything Luxon says out of knee-jerk tribalism. I predict ACT will do very well at this election.
    That's not a difficult prediction as they have been polling at above 10% for a long time.
    The main reason they are polling so well is Luxon has no appeal.
    The problem is that although Luxon has no charisma or integrity, Seymour is the dangerous one.
    Seriously! Out of the blue claiming a $30Bln fiscal hole that no one in their right mind believes.

These two will need a handbrake & TOP imo are the best party to bring some balance to the mix.

Guru

Ilam is their best chance, the vote will be split given national and labour's poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    How much time have you got? Actually nah, someone else can enlighten you. I don't need the stress.
    Swallowing the American narrative (started in Trump era) whole about China infrastructure funding and the debt trap?

Suggest you enlighten yourself with what's really happening out there with the infrastructure upgrades in third world & developing countries before you swallow the American BS whole.

Like you swallowed Clueless Cindy's BS & Spin whole.

Guru

We're already too dependent on china.

Thankfully there has been some new trade deals to help us diversify, having china build simple roads for us like we're one of their African colonies would set us back.