sharetrader
Page 51 of 129 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    You will continue to present confused & futile thinking whilst you formulate your opinion on corrupted premises.

Perhaps best to invert your perspective. The glass needn't be 1/2 empty, it instead COULD be 1/2 full under something similar to Act's Tax Policy. Their Tax policy doesn't 'give' anyone more money. Instead it sets the framework for the State to TAKE LESS of our money....and that's everyone by the way, not just the 'wealthy'.

In this context, what does "wealthy" mean anyway? The are many, many folk in NZ who work hard and/or smart and who earn a 'large' income, yet under many peoples definition are still on "Struggle Street' and aren't truly 'wealthy'. Anyway, i digress.

Lest keep to the facts & not forget the current travesty that reigns unabated...

The 21% (just 1 in 5 people!) of Kiwi's who earn an annual income of >$70K basically prop up the entire system by paying 68% of the country's entire INCOME TAX take.

Take some more time to properly digest that - that's over 2/3rds!

Compare that to the nearly 50% who in effect pay NO or very little income tax (through receiving various benefits supplements, rebates, etc) and it takes only a few observational skills to see why we are experiencing such large & systemic economic & societal issues in NZ.

Meanwhile & unfortunately, we still have a handful of Greedy Turkeys here who start squawking the moment a political party espouses a tax policy which allows those who work hard/smart to keep a little more of their own money.

Wake up & smell the roses!
    I think it is you who requires the reality check.
    46% of the population is either between ages 1 - 24 or over 65.
    So it changes the perspective on your BS.
    Are we going to tax children, university students & retirees more to fix the balance?

Easy to say the glass is half full if you are the one benefiting. I to will benefit but unlike yourself, I care that lower income workers are the ones that need the assistance just to get through, let alone one day possibly buy a house.

Seymour is dangerous & he appeals to those who only have self interest.
    $30Bln fiscal hole!
    Lower taxes at the sane time!
    Does anyone see how illogical this smug little man is?
    Last edited by Daytr; 05-08-2023 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post

If an alien landed on earth and saw that a large percentage of people struggled to buy food.
    I am sure they would ask, and yet you tax people to eat?
    Yes, and what about milk, meat, infant formula and essentials like eggs, bread & butter - the alien would indeed ask why this Labour government is happy to tax such essentials.

And what about tax on doctor's consultation fees? Surely that's totally unconscionable as it's taxing the sick.

People like you think through your backside with your spin and BS - just like Clueless Cindy & Chip off the old Ardern block Hipkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Yes, and what about milk, meat, infant formula and essentials like eggs, bread & butter - the alien would indeed ask why this Labour government is happy to tax such essentials.

And what about tax on doctor's consultation fees? Surely that's totally unconscionable as it's taxing the sick.

People like you think through your backside with your spin and BS - just like Clueless Cindy & Chip off the old Ardern block Hipkins.
    Thanks for pointing that out.
    Key raised GST.
    GST imo should be scrapped altogether as it's a regressive tax that unfairly burdens the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out.
    Key raised GST.
    GST imo should be scrapped altogether as it's a regressive tax that unfairly burdens the poor.
    Labour introduced GST and David Cargill (Labour Finance Minister) raised it to 12.5% first.

Now what about your BS on tax on food?

How about milk, eggs and bread? Why is Hipkins not taking GST off them?

Instead, he wants to make the supermarkets even more profitable by only taking GST off the most pricing variable of all food items - seasonal fruits and veges.

Like Clueless Cindy, it is all about the optics with this useless government - never about the substance.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

In answer to your questions,

Apart from eggs (due to switch from factory farming to barn laid or free range eggs) the highest increase by far has been on vegetables & fruit mainly due to weather events.

1) Vegetables increased by 23% while items like milk & cheese by 12%.

And 2) 5 fruit & vegetables per day has very significant public health benefits, with reductions in things like cancers diabetes kidney disease etc, whereas items like milk & bread don't.
    Hence removing the GST on fruit & vegetables but not on other items.

And the 2nd part,
    the Govt already provides the 'Community Services Card' making doctors consultations miles cheaper for low income earners.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 05-08-2023 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    In answer to your questions,

Apart from eggs (due to switch from factory farming to barn laid or free range eggs) the highest increase by far has been on vegetables & fruit mainly due to weather events.

1) Vegetables increased by 23% while items like milk & cheese by 12%.

And 2) 5 fruit & vegetables per day has very significant public health benefits, with reductions in things like cancers diabetes kidney disease etc, whereas items like milk & bread don't.
    Hence removing the GST on fruit & vegetables but not on other items.

And the 2nd part,
    the Govt already provides the 'Community Services Card' making doctors consultations miles cheaper for low income earners.
    Garbage answers as usual from the resident Labour BS artist.

Fruit and veges prices will drop back once the weather events have abated and as summer approaches. No reason to remove GST on them to allow supermarkets to make more profits.

And BTW, my questions are in response to Daytr’s assertion about the wonderment of tax on food. Why only fruit & veges?

Worth a read if you believe it to be a good idea to remove GST from food, whether all food or just some food, at least one of three things is true.
    https://offsettingbehaviour.blogspot...us-people.html
    Last edited by ithaka; 05-08-2023 at 01:42 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ithaka View Post
    Ugh its eric crampton. When does he think through any article he authors.

[QUOTE=Panda-NZ-;1015037]Ugh its eric crampton. When does he think through any article he authors.[/QUOTE

Yawn.

From panda who wanted Ryman to go broke by loading up on more debt.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Don't patronise me that you appreciate it. Just more egg to wipe from your face. And, another assumption about me that you know nothing about.

Just because I point out your self confessed ignorance and lazy attitude to informing yourself about the most basic of things, even those that are in the public domain, which you also display on a few other threads, verbosely, doesn't conflate to my or anyone else's intentions or behaviours.

You could do a lot better, though your posting history suggests you probably won't get around to it because you're too lazy, and will carry on posting rubbish that no one can take seriously. Fancy that, on the public internet that never forgets anything, you mostly make a fool of yourself. Think about that.
    Woah Woah Woah am I sensing a bit of hostility in this post???

Calm down, all I did was read an article about tax policies of different parties and recalled you seemed exasperated that I did not read all the ACT policies. I recall "Good Grief" being used in a post. I stated I did not think I would need to read all the policies as I could not look past their tax policy. After reading the article I recalled your earlier post and did some calculations based on the limited amount of information on their site and tried to provide an example of how it would work in practice, I thought you might appreciate my effort. Obviously not.

I think the figures are right in my earlier post, although I see FTG's understanding appears to conflict with mine (I will ask him as I also do not like ignorant posts). If my figures are right then I guess it depends how you interpret them. I see the ACT tax policy as mean and stupid and borderline evil but that is just my opinion.

Also I was hoping to have heard back from Entrep whether he thinks ACT's tax policy is reasonable or if he has checked my calculations.